Progress Pics - Ran My First 5k & Broke My Foot - Lots of Pics

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 6/8/12 4:29 am
I DID IT!! I am beyond excited; so I thought I would share. I have always wanted to participate in a mud/obstacle 5k run but was always too heavy and out of shape. One of my main goals post op was to run a race and used it as motivation for exercise.

I finished 3rd in my heat, 2nd in my age group and 51st overall (about 500-600 runners total). I am just over the moon with excitement about my results. I was expecting to come in last place.  I also broke my foot in the last obstacle in the race; it was an 80 foot mud slide into a water/mud pit and a big rock (2 foot across) was at the bottom. The rock attacked my foot and now I have a hairline fracture but I finished running the race up a 100 yard hill with a broken foot...woot woot!! I know you always say pics or it didn’t happen; so here you go!! Thanks for taking the time to celebrate with me and read my thread. I appreciate you!

3 Pesky Pounds to Goal!

Before Pic -

Race Pics

Playing on the beack before the race.

Duct taping my shoes on so I wouldn't lose them in the mud.

Watching the first two heats cross the finish line and getting super nervous.

Little did I know that I would break my foot in the pit behind me.

After the race, already washed off.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Kevin H.
on 6/8/12 4:32 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congrats on your accomplishment and sorry about your foot .. get well soon.

favrow812
on 6/8/12 4:33 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
I already saw this on MFP but I have to comment again on how awesome everything you accomplished it!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 6/8/12 4:34 am

Sorry, I meant to post it both places at one time but forgot about OH.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)

favrow812
on 6/8/12 4:56 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
DONT BE SORRY! :)  The pics are great motivation!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

njhanibal
on 6/8/12 9:18 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
Congrats!!!!!

What's MFP??    I cant figure it out.....

Shagdoll
on 6/8/12 4:43 am
Awesome NSV. That is something to be extremely proud of, congratulations!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

AdeanaMarie
on 6/8/12 4:44 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Terrific job! What an accomplishment.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

MHarmon77
on 6/8/12 5:02 am - TX
Congrats! You are a true inspiration! I am having surgery on 06-12-12 and am already planning a 5K run in October. I am absolutely thrilled for you! I hope to have the same great results that you have had. Congrats Again!
HW: 346 /  SW: 318  /  CW: 265

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 6/8/12 5:23 am
Thanks, good luck on your surgery. Which race in Oct? I am in tx too. My next race is in Sept. in Denison, it is www.mudrush.org.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views