what should I do? advice?

Ashley O.
on 6/12/12 8:44 am
I'm on Metformin 850 2x a day (although I've been off of it for 2 weeks.. waiting for a call back from a doctor because it was starting to give me really bad stomach aches and i've been having really low blood sugars, lately lately), synthroid 50mcg 1x a day, and aldactone 50mg 2x a day.. along with all my vitamins. my blood work is perfect. I'm getting 600-800 calories a day. less than 40 each day. 70+ protein. Exersizing aerobics for about an hour a day, then strength/resistance things half an hour every other day... 70+oz sf fluids a day.  & I do track what I eat/drink/exersize now. I started a few weeks ago for the first time and i actually have been eating less than I thought i was.

My weight loss ever since surgery has been really slow. And they took me off my metformin after surgery.. but 6 weeks no loss, my insulin levels were still really high, i was put back on it... weight loss started finally. and i've been on it since.

But I'm not losing... i've actually gained weight the past few weeks. I had gotten down to 195 now i'm back up to 201 in a month... and i've been exersizing more than normal too. Lots of swimming. It's summer!

I emailed my dietitian asking what I should do. she said I"m not eating enough and to increase my calories to 1,000-1,200 .... I'm extremely worried about that. I'm not used to eating more. & + i don't know if I can. it's hard enough getting in 600-800 calories..

How do I get in more calories? Obviously, eat. But It's hard. I don't know how she expects me to do it without constantly grazing. Is that what i should do then?

I'm at a loss. I know the weight gain could ahve to do with the metformin.. But I don't know if I can get back on it.. I've been on it since i was 8, no problem.. But for the past few months it's really upset my stomach and My blood sugar was consistently low.

advice?

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

Carmelita
on 6/12/12 9:36 am - Four Corners, NM
Ashley O.
on 6/12/12 12:37 pm

I wouldn't think it would be related to TOM. i've been regular since surgery and ahven't had any problems with it that i've noticed, but i guess it could have started acting up hormogne wise. --- I'm definitely considering a carb detox to see if it'll help. -- I'm about 60lbs away. my goal is 140lbs. i've never been more determined for anything in my life. i will hit goal. i just don't know how long it'll take.

thanks for the advice. (: i'm glad i could help you too. keep it up!

~

~

lucy2e
on 6/12/12 10:10 am - Laurel, MD
 I agree with the previous post.  Sounds like you are at a stall and hormones are causing some water retention.  I'm not sure what your eating schedule is like, but could you squeeze in one more snack, like a cheese stick or something.  

I know it's hard but try to relax - it will drop again!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

kam0520
on 6/12/12 10:20 am - AL
Being a woman is a *****  I am having the same issues right now because of hormones.  I would put money on that is what is going on with you.  

Metformin when taken right will actually help you lose weight.  The millions of times I have been on it, it helped me.  Once it gets in your system and leveled out, it will curb your appetite.  If you have to, add an extra protein shake, that will give you some extra calories, plus protein and should help with the weightloss.  Try the GNC lean shake, it is awesome, 170 calories, 25 protein.  

I hope this helps!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Ashley O.
on 6/12/12 12:43 pm
It is. and possibly.

Which i think is my problem... the metformin, since i've been off of it for a few weeks. I have no appetite at all though. with or without it. I have to remind myself to eat. after surgery my appetite has yet to come back. -- i'll try the gnc shake. thanks(:

~

~

ordinarybeauty
on 6/12/12 3:06 pm
VSG on 09/27/12

Metformin extended release might help with stomach upset.

bigtigger1010
on 6/13/12 1:31 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
if ur blood sugars were low and they still want u on the metformin, could they maybe lower ur dose?

Hope you get it figured out! congrats on ur success this far, keep up the good work!!!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views