Having a hard time finding time for exercise

sutherngrl94
on 6/13/12 2:36 am - Raleigh, NC
I really need to get my exercise in but by the time I get home and do all of my "chores" there is no time before it's time for bed.  I know I need my exercise even though I am losing.

Does anyone have any solutions for this?  I might have to bite the bullet and do this in the mornings but I'm really not a morning person.

I'm really trying to find some time.

doggz109
on 6/13/12 2:40 am, edited 6/13/12 2:40 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Do you exercise at home or go to a gym?

I have a gym membership but find myself working out more at home.  I too am quite busy and have odd work hours (why I am posting here at 3am sometimes lol).

I ride my stationary bike while I watch tv and I do The Biggest Loser exercise videos.  I like em.

I also try to go for a walk at least twice a week (around 3 miles) with my wife/daughter.  That ends up not really being "fast" enough for cardio but its still activity.

I really want to start weight lifting again but that will take some big time commitment.

Mornings are tough but if you can....I recommend it.  Better to bite the bullet and get up and get it over with BEFORE you day starts.  You never know how your day is going to go....but at least you can get it done before things back up and you are exhausted when you get home.  

Good luck!  Coffee helps!

sutherngrl94
on 6/13/12 2:45 am - Raleigh, NC
I'm not working out at home because when I get home I see all that has to be done and I get busy doing that.  I like the idea of walking though.  Maybe I could do that the minute I get home and then doing my stuff when I get done when I get home.  That might work.  I'm only less than 2 months old out so I'm still trying to figure everything out.

I am a member of a gym so that might be a weekend event.  Unfortunately I have cut out caffiene so coffee won't do it for me.  :)  I really don't miss it anymore so I'd rather not get it started again.  Decaf not tea works usually works for me.

I'll work on trying to walk when I get home so I can at least get some cardio get in.  That will help me feel better I think.  Thanks!

emelar
on 6/13/12 2:50 am - TX
I'm not a morning person and definitely don't spring up from bed ready to exercise.  That's why I chose a gym with late hours.  I go home, get some housework done, eat a little something, and head out for the gym.  I'm there for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, and home again.

I totally understand about not being able to work out at home.  It's much harder for me to do - there's always something else I feel I should be doing.
jengo1971
on 6/13/12 3:17 am
Hi there sutherngrl.  My suggestion is to look at exercise as medicine.  It must be done for your health...NO EXCUSES (not yelling at you BTW).  I have 5 kids under 13 and one on the way.  I work out 7 hours/week.  You can do this!!

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
sutherngrl94
on 6/13/12 3:33 am - Raleigh, NC
HOLY COW!!!  Now I feel a little slack.  5 kids and one on the way?  I have my animals to take care of and they are very demanding.  I guess it is a little bit of an excuse but I just feel tired when I get home and want to relax. 

cdarragh
on 6/13/12 3:29 am - Abilene, TX
I know how you feel!! I actually had to end up getting up at 4am Monday morning to go and walk around my apartment complex because it seems I can't find the time to go to the gym. I used to go to the gym twice a week in the mornings but since my fiance got a job that cuts out going to the gym any morning since the daycare doesn't open until 6 and I have to be at work at 7. (fiance used to take our son to daycare on days I went to the gym) So I started to go at lunch, did good for a few weeks, but these past few weeks I've been really busy at work and cant get away. I know that I could go after work, but that is my time with my son and doing my own 'chores'! It would sure be nice to leave work and not come home just to 'work' more till bedtime!! LOL I haven't gone walking the past couple days b/c I think that being out Monday morning induced the beginnings of a sinus infection! Two days and my nose is red and raw! Yuck!! It's really hard to get up in the mornings but it may be the only time you have!! Like me!! LOL
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

sutherngrl94
on 6/13/12 3:36 am - Raleigh, NC

Me get up at 4 a.m.?  I don't think that time exists here in NC.  ;)  LOL

I'm going to try immediately changing clothes and then walking (after I let the dogs out) because if I start the other stuff then I will never do it.  I haven't walked for about a week now and I can tell it.  Nevermind that it's the TOM right now because that doesn't help either.

I'm sorry you don't feel good!  That sucks.  I hope you feel better soon.

Shagdoll
on 6/13/12 3:47 am
Can you go walking on your breaks &/or lunch when you're at work? That's what I do. I still always plan to do some type of cardio in the evenings but at least if I don't have time to work out in the evening, I got some walking in during the day.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

sutherngrl94
on 6/13/12 3:50 am - Raleigh, NC
Absolutely!  It's just getting too humid now and coming back to work all hot and sweaty doesn't seem very positive. 

I work in admin at a fire department so there's gym equipment and a shower which seems very convenient; however, if I can workout without my co-works around I'd rather do that.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views