3rd day post op

Losin-it
on 6/27/12 5:45 am - TX
Post OP- Day one hurt. I had a hard time getting up and walking which is what gets the CO2 out. Stayed on pain meds and knocked out most of the time. Day 2 much better. Got up and moving a bit. Still pretty sore. Day three far better. Moving and sipping a lot. Still occasional cramps from stomach but bearable.   Still feeling a bit run down. Tomorrow I should see more improvement. Each day seems dramatically better.
Surgery date = 6-25-2012   

Jenfur
on 6/27/12 5:47 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Right there with you, the walking really does help though.  Run down a little now that I'm not on IV but sipping nonstop and get fluids and protein in.  Have you gone home yet?  I got to this morning.  Keep up the great work.

Sleeva
on 6/27/12 5:48 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

dmmassengale09
on 6/27/12 7:43 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 06/21/12
I'm on day 6 postop.  I did really well on days one and two but day three was when it felt like I had beaten.  I used the heating pad on a low setting in my ribs where it hurt the most and it really helped.  Today has been really good.  I'm just having a very difficult time getting all the liquids in.  It just feels like I'm stuffing myself.
Losin-it
on 6/27/12 9:03 am - TX
Got the 60 grams of protien powder down. Sipping water now. I came home this morning. Thanks for the encouragment. Wife went to get me beef and chicken broth. This is going to take some getting used to.
Shagdoll
on 6/27/12 9:34 am
Each day will get better & better, just sip, walk, rest, repeat as they say. You are doing great!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views