Is cutting out bread, pasta, rice, etc enough?

sutherngrl94
on 6/29/12 6:35 am - Raleigh, NC
I try very very hard to count everything and log in MFP.  I don't always have the chance to do that though as I have so much to do outside of working full-time.  I've have some real success in the 9 weeks since surgery so I'm very pleased but I'm hoping I'm not sabatoging myself by not weighing my food and literally logging every bite.  I've been up and down around the same place for a few weeks which is frustrating but ok since I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing and eating healthy foods.

I was just wondering about the breads, pastas, rice and such.  I haven't touched it since surgery.  At all.  Not one bite.  If I want spaghetti then I fix ground turkey breast and a little sauce and eat that.  I'm also still on soft foods until July 16 when I go back to see the surgeon.

I guess I just need some reassurance and/or guidance.  I'm trying to be positive but I REALLY want to see onederland and am only about 35 lbs from it.

rhearob
on 6/29/12 6:49 am - TN
 Logging and weighing are really your best tools to develop early on.

You are using MFP - There are android and iPhone and iPad versions of both of those.  You can have it with you at all times.

If you don't have a smart phone, jot the entries down on a note pad and enter them later.

Better yet, Plan ahead.  The night before, plan your food in MFP print it out and execute that.

Include anything that has a calorie in your plan/log.  Sauces included - for example if you make something with more than a teaspoon of soy sauce - include the soy sauce.

Knowing what you are eating is the only way you can control it.  The calories add up soo quickly, that you can be taking in a bunch of empty calories just from choosing the wrong drink mix.

Bottom line - you have to make time to do the things you need to do for yourself.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Rachel G.
on 6/29/12 8:13 am
VSG on 04/06/12
I agrea with Rob, it really is so important. I am saying this from experience. Honestly, sometimes I wait half a day to log and I tend to forget a few things here and there. I notice when I am honest with myself and log everything....right away....even sometimes BEFORE i eat it, I have better results. Sometimes we intend to be conservative with what we eat, but when you actually have to weigh, count and log its just enough to make you realize it IS A CHOICE, to be successful or to just "hope" I am doing the righ thing. This is YOUR journey alone, honey, and I'm sure you want nothing more than to hit goal. For me, there is no second chance, the sleeve was my last chance and I will do WHATEVER it takes to not fail. Make time to log your food, please, for your own assurance. Gud luck sweetie! You will do fantastic Im sure =-D

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views