2 weeks post op - question

kc4desert
on 6/28/12 9:41 am
 Hi - I am looking for some help.  I am 2 weeks out today from my surgery.  I still cannot get more than 15 grams of protein in a day.  As soon as I drink a protein shake - be it soy - whey or rice protein - the effect is the same.  I get sick at my tummy - and stay that way until time to try again. I am doing good with fluids.  And I can get soups down - as long as I don't add any protein powders.  Any thoughts on how to improve my protein intake while on full liquids?

Thanks  Karen
myally24
on 6/28/12 11:00 am
VSG on 04/02/12
I had the same issues with proteins. At this point in your stage, I would not worry too much about the protein, stay HYDRATED and get as much nutrition as you can. You can work on the Protein in the upcoming stages
kc4desert
on 6/28/12 12:38 pm
 thanks.. I am doing good with fluids - as long as I don't try to take the protein.... i can easily get in 60 oz of of liquids if I don't try the protein.  I will try to worry less about the protein.  I am only getting 300 calories a day... is that enough for that stage?  Karen
Elaine N.
on 6/28/12 11:57 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
 By week 2 I could handle a string cheese stick. Not a lot of extra protein, but some. My NUT did tell me yesterday not to push getting in 60 protein.

God will turn our weakness into strength.
kc4desert
on 6/28/12 12:40 pm
 That is reassuring.  I keep feeling like I am going to lose muscle if I don't get in the protien - but it always makes me sick.  I can easily get in the fluids if  I don't do the protein.  I will work more on calories and fluids.. and less on protein for a another week.  Thanks for responding.. Karen
MeeMiss75
on 6/28/12 11:24 pm - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
 Have you tried Syntrax Nectars? They're protein powders, but they don't have that thick consistency of other powders I've tried. They have flavors like lemonade and tea that can be mixed with water like a Crystal Light. It's good, and you get 23 grams of protein per scoop. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you, check them out. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views