IIII NEEEEED UR HELP!!!!!!!!! a shopping list for now and post op

carmenthebomb
on 7/2/12 6:33 am - CA
hello guys well im three week today from my surgery and i need a shopping list of things i will need now [ my two weeks liquid diet ] starting next week then i need to know wut will i need for my two day clear liquid diet. ..... wut meds should i have on hand like for gas or pain im so excited scared excited some more it seems like that day will never get here to start the new me rebirth lol but i do know time flys and i want to be prepared for everything thanks in advanced all advise will be excepted

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 7/2/12 6:44 am
I may get some flack for this but for my liquid diet after surgery I lived on Wonton soup and Isopure liquid drinks.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Suzanne2012
on 7/2/12 7:41 am
No flack from me - I am living on chicken and beef broth. I am 5 days post-op. It is 100 degrees outside, but I can't take anything cold. So - prepare for that. My stomach does not like cold things. It gurgles and gurgles and then goes right through me. It is handling hot tea (which I have never drank in my life) and broth MUCH better. I have isopure in the fridge but haven't had it yet. So - be prepared for the unexpected. All my life I have had a sweet tooth - really only liked sweet things. Right now to me that just sounds ick. So make sure to have an assortment of different temperature things on hand - you might be surprised. I am still picking my jaw up off the floor at the fact that I don't want my lemon propel zero.
Rouxful
on 7/2/12 7:47 am
 Before you do a liquid diet, press your doctor to find out if it's absolutely necessary. From what I was told, the pre-op diet is to induce ketosis to rapidly burn fat off your liver to make it easier to move aside for the surgery. This can be accomplished by low-carbing and increasing your protein intake. For my two weeks pre-op, I quit all sugars and kept my net carbs under 35g per day. I lived off of eggs, tuna, chicken breast, tofu and Greek yogurt, as well as the standard protein shakes. Please ask your doctor why you need to drink your meals through a straw BEFORE your stomach is removed. You may be surprised at how much headache you can save.

As far as post-op, for the first week just buy some broth that's low in sugar, some sugar free jell-o, and some Crystal Lite/Wyler's mixes. Second week, buy some Plain Greek yogurt and add some flavor syrups to it to taste, as well as sugar free pudding cups. Through all of this, I recommend Premiere Protein shakes from Costco. They're cheap, tasty, and convenient. Good luck, and happy sleeving.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

carmenthebomb
on 7/2/12 7:59 am - CA
thank you so much i already quite the sweets and sodas lowered carbs and doin my protien iv lost 6 lbs form dis but im real nervous about the rest

Sutterbos
on 7/2/12 9:00 am, edited 7/2/12 9:01 am
VSG on 06/21/12
 You might not want to stock up too much on any one thing for after surgery.  My tastes changed, and I've seen many others post the same.

I had lots of broth and cottage cheese ready.  I opened th cottage cheese after surgery, and the sight of it made me gag.  Couldn't imagine putting it in my mouth.

However, I got the idea here from someone to put retried beans in the blender, and it's just about the best thing I've ever eaten!    Would NEVER have put that in my mouth before surgery.

The 1 thing I can't live without are sugar free popsicles.  2 ounces of fluid in each one, goes down slowly, tastes good, and quenches my thirst for chugging ice cold water.  I miss that.

tdjf_3
on 7/2/12 10:18 am
My post would be more for at the hospital & ride home - Take Chap stick of some kind I was sooo glad someone told me to bring it and a Pillow for the ride home to put a lil pressure on your tummy to help with the bumpy road. No matter how smooth you think the roads are after surgery their Not =)

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
pcannedy
on 7/2/12 11:09 am - Sacramento, CA
 Did you receive a binder?  Two weeks after surgery:  Campbells healthy recipe cream of chicken soup, sf applesauce, cream of whea****er with crystal lite, ff yogurt, chicken broth, lf cottage cheese single servings, snapple, sf popslices, sf puddings.  For gas - Gas x strips.  Walking helps for gas.  

Hospital bag, toothbrush, paste, mouthwash, slippers, robe, phone charger, chapped stick, underwear, large shirt or blouse due to air pumped will need a big garmet to wear home.  

good luck

pcannedy
on 7/2/12 11:16 am - Sacramento, CA
I  forgot Kitchenaid mini chopper was my best friend after surgery.  Hardboiled eggs and mayo or tuna/egg and mayo were great in the chopper.  

if you take meds, I crushed them in a modar and pesto thing.  Then I put them in SF applesauce.  

Thx

carmenthebomb
on 7/2/12 3:27 pm - CA
OMG THANK YOU GUYS MY LIST LOOKS GOOD SO FAR THANK SO MUCH REALLY REALLY FROM MY HEART.......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views