2 weeks post op and NSV

Erin Castillo
on 7/6/12 2:50 am - NM
Today I am 2 weeks post op.  I was very discouraged a few days ago because I felt like the weight wasn't coming off quick enough.  Thanks to the support on OH I have realized that comparing myself to others is a huge waste of time and energy.  So I went to work finding my own NSV, and here is what I have come up with so far.
1.  I tried on all of the clothes in my closet.  Those I had been wearing pre- op (size 18-20) are definatley too big!  So I moved onto the stash of slothes I had been holding onto "for when I lose weight" (size 16).  Almost everything fit and I look good in them.  Some of them are so old they are back in style lol.

2.  I am able to walk 2 miles a day without fearing for my life.  I feel soo good after walking, not like I am about to drop dead.
3.  Some of my family members who saw me on the 4th were so inspired by my weight loss, and the fact that I look so much healthier, that they were seeking my advice abot how to loose weight.
4.  I am beginning to feel that I will definatley be successful in my journey!!!!
5.  I am serving as a positive role model for my 3 kiddos.  Hopefully they will see my dedication to a healthier life and never be in my shoes as an adult.

Thanks for all the support from OH!!!
Erin Castillo

Missey J.
on 7/6/12 3:03 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
Thanks for sharing....Congrats to ya !!!

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Michelle10929
on 7/6/12 3:45 am - NC
I'm 3wks post op and I'm already into my back of the closet clothes and having to ditch some scrub tops, and got to dig out a few that were too small pre-op. :)

I went to old navy and actually bought size LARGE $5 tshirts, and I'm wearing them with scrub pants for as long as I can! haha.

I even walked in on some co-workers making fun of my droopy drawers. I'll take that kind of talking behind my back all day long LOL.

Erin Castillo
on 7/6/12 6:17 am - NM
I hear ya!  I also ordered a large shirt to wear to my son's football games thinking it would fit at the end of July but it already fits nicely.   We are so blessed!
Erin Castillo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views