Drinking

pml_rs
on 11/12/12 4:52 am

How is everyone getting their liquids in during the day?  I find this extremely difficult.  i got up late today so I had 2 pcs of turkey bacon and a greek yogurt.  Latter I had a babybell cheese wheel.  But I've had absolutely nothing to drin****il my daughter pointed that out.  How can I get my liquid in?  I get so much gas after I eat or drink, that I'd be belching ALL day!  I know I have to drink and this is my deficiency.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Keith L.
on 11/12/12 5:33 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

you have to have a drink with you at all times. Now if you are in college, that's a lot more fun than if you just had WLS.

It is very hard. I am 6 weeks post op and I struggle with it. I am forcing myself today to get to 64 oz. I am at about 43 right now and I am going to finish this other half bottle before 5:00 if it kills me. This is my 3rd bottle today and given the number of times I have headed to the bathroom (only 1) I may well have been a bit dehydrated.

When I was still in clears post op I used the small bottles of Gatorade G2 to get me by. But now that I am on full foods I try to stick to jus****er.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

pml_rs
on 11/12/12 7:27 am

Haha about that college...I got 2 kids in college right now!  :)  I'm sure they are drinking enough for me.  :) 

I know this is an odd question, but do you have issues with gas?  I know I do.  After I eat or drink, I have terrible gas for awhile.  It's awful!  I don't know how I'm going to go back to work with it.  I don't know if beano or tums or something like that will help.  I think that's why I don't drink a lot.

But...>i'm gonna try....

Keith L.
on 11/12/12 7:48 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I pretty much only drink water so drinking does not cause me gas. Food doesn't effect me any more than it did before. If you are eating a lot of sugar free stuff that could be the cause as well.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

valentinoAB
on 11/13/12 12:01 am
I stay up until 10 pm if I need to to get my 8 ounces in..,I am 2 weeks out been getting 8-10 ounces in for the past several days.... Would love to get 12 -14 in the more water you drink the more you'll loose I keep saying that to myself

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/13/12 12:11 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I get 3-4 cups a day through coffee, chai and protein drinks, the rest I force down with a game:
I put the full bottle near me and if I'm knitting I make myself take a mouthful of my drink at the end of each row. (it takes several small swallows to get down, but once it's in my mouth I'm commited. lol)
If I'm watching tv I drink at each commercial. If reading - every time I turn the page. If cruising around on here, just before I click on each thread. If driving, every red light. It adds up quickly, even if you can only take small sips.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

pml_rs
on 11/14/12 4:53 am

WOW!  What awesome ideas!  I just got back to work and I think it will be easier now that I am on a routine again.  I'm going to use your suggestion!  :)  Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views