Egg mcmuffin

Sandy76
on 7/16/12 9:59 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 Has anyone just ordered the meat cheese and egg from egg mcmuffin. Or just the inside of taco at drive thru?
Sandy

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/16/12 10:10 am, edited 7/16/12 10:10 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I've been wondering the same thing. Not so much ordering just the inside, but ordering the item and eating just the inside.

I'm finally legal for some pureed actual food and would give a fair amount for the filling of a Taco Bell bean burrito, but have no idea of how I'd record it in MyFitnessPal.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

billchrz
on 7/16/12 10:11 am - PA
Those are the types of behaviors that got us (or at least me) into the mess I was. I avoid all fast food.
Kevin H.
on 7/16/12 10:13 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Me too .. I actually feel sorry for anyone I see in the drive thru as I ride past now LOL.  To each their own though.

BethR311
on 7/16/12 10:25 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I have "taco no shell" (Taco Bell) as one of my MFP foods. The McDonald's side salad is perfect for me. So is Wendy's chili or half salad. Fazoli's will put grilled chicken on a side salad. There are bad options in the grocery store as well as the drive up. Does that mean I should never buy groceries again?

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Sandy76
on 7/16/12 10:29 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 Thanks Beth 
Sandy

sunnymicki
on 7/16/12 10:35 am
On July 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM Pacific Time, BethR311 wrote:
I have "taco no shell" (Taco Bell) as one of my MFP foods. The McDonald's side salad is perfect for me. So is Wendy's chili or half salad. Fazoli's will put grilled chicken on a side salad. There are bad options in the grocery store as well as the drive up. Does that mean I should never buy groceries again?
I think at a certain point in the process, you know what you are capable of and what will put you over the edge.  And then maybe fast food and restaurants aren't so scary.

But at less than two months out, I would not advise the OP to try the drive through.

YES the grocery store was a HUGE no no for me after surgery.  Numerous times I had to tell my hubs that he had to do the shopping because I didn't trust myself to stay away from all the crap that I knew I could buy, eat in the car, and/or hide for later.  If I didn't have the hubs, I would've called my mom to shop for me or with me, but I knew I could not go in that place alone.

Honestly, even now, the thought still crosses my mind at the grocery store to do that kind of thing, but I can tell myself no without a major internal struggle.  Same as making good choices at the drive through.  Its just about knowing yourself.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

hwag5149
on 7/16/12 10:52 am
*like*

The grocery store is more of the devil to me than the drive thru! Stupid cookies, ice cream, chips, pastries, candy, hot pockets, corn dogs, frozen burritos, etc.

I've done the "_________ with no bread/shell" plenty of times.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

sunnymicki
on 7/16/12 10:28 am
I ate just the egg, cheese and canadian bacon from an egg mcmuffin.

First of all, it is really hard to do that in the car.  Messy.  And hard to make sure to eat small bites and take time chewing and all that.

Second, its not really that good.

Way easier just to make the same thing at home (except with all the additives that McDs puts in it I'm sure) the night before, and then just warm it up in the microwave for 30 seconds in the morning and eat it before you go out the door.

I eat the insides of a taco all the time - but not from a drive through - from stuff I make at home.  Early on, taco meat was one of the things I had an easier time eating and actually wanted to eat.  I don't really consider that crap from taco bell to be real meat, truthfully.

Drive throughs have all kinds of temptations that are better "out of sight, out of mind."

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/16/12 10:42 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
It's the puréed beans and melty cheese I'm wanting. I bought a can of low fat refried beans and have cheese at home - will make my own and know what's going into my mouth.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views