Nectar protein drinks

MsFluffly
on 7/16/12 9:02 am - CO
VSG on 05/29/12
Hey does anyone has an honest opinion on Nectar protein drinks? I was reading about them in a book today, i'm 7 weeks post-op and really trying to find a protein drink that I can stomach. I have major texture issues, so thick stuff doesn't really work so hot for me, getting ready to go back to work and would like alturnatives. Thanks for your insight
Tracasa
on 7/16/12 9:11 am
I enjoy some of the flavors, some others not too much. Try a sample pack that way you can taste most and have your favorites. I also buy lite muscle milk in bottles. They also have a lunch box size not sweet at all. You can drink them cold or room temp. Hope this helps.
MsFluffly
on 7/16/12 9:27 am - CO
VSG on 05/29/12
Yes, it does thanks a lot. I need to be a little more creative with what I put into them, but the problem I have with that is that your so limited in the beginning, and I get frustraited
comeundone
on 7/16/12 9:21 am - OH
 All the ones I tried are nasty.I mixed them with cristal light and still could not stand the taste I even added about 20 oz of water to try to help.
HW 289  SW 242

MsFluffly
on 7/16/12 9:29 am - CO
VSG on 05/29/12

How was the texture of it though?

LancesMomma
on 7/16/12 9:31 am - OH
I like the apple ectasy, crystal sky, and strawberry kiwi. I didnt not like mixing water with the doubled stuff cookie. It seemed like it needed to be mixed with almond milk. I have not had my surgery yet, but I am on the pre op protein diet. So I had to mix it with water. But those three I really liked. I have big problems with textures. These are like water and not clumpy
MsFluffly
on 7/16/12 9:40 am - CO
VSG on 05/29/12
thank you, and good luck to you!
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/16/12 9:34 am
I love the nectars... one of the few protein drinks that I tolerated shortly after surgery. I still drink them at over a year post op.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

MsFluffly
on 7/16/12 9:43 am - CO
VSG on 05/29/12
That's good to know, I think i'm gonna try the sample pack and see which ones work out for me
happymom80
on 7/16/12 9:59 am - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I kke them a lot. I liked ones like apple ecstasy and lemonade with water when i did the preop diet. I also liked the cappuccino one. Iand the cherry one. I bought sample packages of a lot of them. I still drink chocolate truffle mixed with almond milk nearly every day...it is like chocolate milk for me. The nectar mixes well when shaken. It is flaky if you blend it. I do not like the foam part. I also recently bought a big tub of mint cookie and it is great too. It has more carbs in it and is not the whey protein isolate...I had to use only the isolate form for my pre-op diet.

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views