Less than 1 month away from my 1yr Surgiversary and I still can't BELIEVE it!!

Sunny702
on 7/20/12 3:46 am - Las Vegas, NV
I still can't believe that I did it but everyday I look in the mirror I'm SO MUCH HAPPIER with what I see!! I'm having very few regrets. I still haven't reached 100lbs gone ... I'm 7lbs away so I think I can lose that by Aug 17th. My main issue is my butt ... or lack there of. :(  I used to have a nice firm HIGH butt and now ... it's like non existent and not firm and just NOT good!!!  I must admit ... I have NOT been the best in the exercise or protein department so I take responsibility in that aspect. 

Has anyone else had this issue? If yes PLEASE tell me I can bring it back to it's original glory if not better (without a brazillian butt lift)! Suggestions anyone?? 
In_It_To_Lose_It
on 7/20/12 4:03 am - MI
Around my 5th month out I had a saggy bum and asked about it at my 6 mos appt.  The advice I got from my PA and the exercise guy was to do lunges, squats, etc. to build up the muscle and give the skin support and to fill it out since the fat that was doing the job was going bye bye. 
Good luck with your goals!

wls2011
on 7/20/12 5:02 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 My butt was pretty flat and sad looking for awhile....I just kept up with the heavy weighted lunges, squats, and also did treadmill on a serious incline...that seemed to do the trick...that with the ability to eat more dense protein and now magically, I noticed today that my butt is back...LOL...well, maybe not to its former glory days when I was a teenager...but not too bad for an almost 40 year old WLS patient!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Lee ~
on 7/20/12 6:03 am - CA
 I wish I had an answer for you.  Me? I got the lift.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

loverofcats
on 7/20/12 6:43 am
 I had the flat butt syndrome. What helped me, were lunges, squats, inclines on the treadmil, walking up hills. I still have some droopiness, but the top part has filled out with muscle from the weight training. Protein and weight training are musts.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Pkrplyr777
on 7/20/12 8:00 am - CT
I've got the same  problem.
Good info in the responses.
Guess I'll be adding some lunges and squats to my routine.

donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
rabid24
on 7/20/12 8:18 am
I had planned to do Brazil Butt Lift (the work out, not the surgery) as soon as I could work out again. I found it to be too hard, so I'm going to focus on cardio until I get the majority of the weight off and then go back to it. I did have a flat butt problem after my last major weight loss, so I'm not expecting this time to be any different.

Revised from band to sleeve on June 6th, 2012. Lost 48 pounds on my own in the 4 months prior to revision. 

reneemosley
on 7/20/12 8:22 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
What about spinning classes? Don't have the flat butt yet but its coming. Doing step now and plan on spining for legs, thighs, and butt.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Somayeh
on 7/20/12 9:11 am - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
The good news is that the glutes are one of the biggest muscle groups in the body, so working on getting some bulk in the booty will actually help your weight loss, since the new muscles will increase your metabolic rate. It's a win-win!

I hadn't heard of the Brazilian Butt Lift workout before. Guess I was under a rock somewhere! I've just looked it up & am excited to try it out, so I'm especially glad you posted this question, Sunny702!

Somayeh
Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
Sunny702
on 7/20/12 2:55 pm - Las Vegas, NV
When I was bigger (prior to the surgery and a few months out) I used to go work out ALL the time! Now that I'm pretty much "happy" with myself I am hardly ever in the gym. I KNOW I need to be there though because my stamina sucks big ones! I've been on Youtube looking up butt videos by this girl who calls herself "Buffie the Body" her butt is AMAZING in my opinion! I'm going to look into the Brazillian butt lift videos also. 

THANKS for the SUGGESTIONS!!! My "Bring the booty back" challenge is about to begin!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views