An NSV for me

In_It_To_Lose_It
on 7/24/12 5:44 am - MI
I went to the fair yesterday with my son and got to ride on several rides with him.  He's 3 yrs old, so it was a good feeling to share his first ride with him on Dumbo and have plenty! of room to join him on the bench seat, AND put the seatbelt across BOTH our laps!  That was pretty sweet, better than a cinnamon roll level of sweet.  It has been one of my goals to enjoy more moments like these with my child and not be on the sidelines, wanting to but being/feeling too big to. 

TSinNC
on 7/24/12 6:00 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 That sounds like a wonderful NSV. Congrats!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

wufnu
on 7/24/12 6:23 am - Kingston, TN
VSG on 07/03/12
 Those are one of my reasons to lose weight!  Last year, I took the wife (gf at the time) to Dollywood because it's close to where I live.  I was able to ride most things but just BARELY.  Every time before, I couldn't ride the cool rides which just made me feel like crap.  I want to fit comfortably in thrill rides!!

You've done something I want to do, so envious!  Congratulations!

In_It_To_Lose_It
on 7/24/12 8:29 am - MI
Thank you!  I got really tired of being excluded from all the fun stuff that I used to do. It's a nice feeling when it becomes a non-issue. 
One of my other ones is to go to a water park with my husband and son and enjoy it instead of wearing a tshirt and shorts over my swimsuit and reading most of the time.  I love water parks, not that anyone would know based on how I've acted while I'm there though. 

hrford
on 7/24/12 9:17 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Being able to ride a rollercoaster with my son, or slide down a water slide with my daughter was a HUGE motivation for me to have this surgery.  Congratulations on such a great milestone.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views