Ok my surgery is in 10 days what do I need???

Magirk-Magee
on 7/27/12 9:15 am
I have my vitamins, a couple of packets of Chike, my pain meds filled, my prilosec filled, and what else??

Any must have's for my hospital stay?   I want to take this week to get everything I need so I will not have to worry.
Marabell
on 7/27/12 9:39 am
VSG on 06/07/12
In the search bar at top right, type in. bring to hospital

A whole lot of posts will come up and you can go from there. Me? I always bring way too much crap!

Anne D.
on 7/27/12 9:43 am
I brought so much stuff, ended up not needing much, I was just too out of it while in the hospital. I was glad to have my own favorite pillow though. I wore comfy sweats to the hospital, wore same ones home.

Jaffe
on 7/27/12 10:19 am - PA
VSG on 03/19/12
Ditto on the pillow. I also brought a smaller travel pillow as suggested by the surgeon (the spirometer makes you cough sometimes and holding a small pillow tight makes it hurt less) - I packed lots of other stuff that I never touched - but I was only there for 24 hours total. 

For home - don't buy too much - I ended up throwing lots of stuff out. The mushie/soft phases were pretty quick for me and things like the soups and cream of wheat went right in the trash after 2 weeks. 

Having said that - I TOTALLY understand the "want to get everything I need" or "may need" philosophy :) Good Luck. 

HT:  5' 7"    HW:  249   ConsultW:  238   SW:  218   Preop Loss:  20
  M1:12  2:11  3:7  4:7  5:8  6:8  7:7  8:3  9:0  10:3  11:3  12:4  13:0  14:4  15:

Huney
on 7/27/12 11:45 am
I just had surgery this past Monday. I packed an entire suitcase full of stuff, that I didnt need. What I did take that I'm glad I did was: Chapstick (mint flavor was the best), a t-shirt type gown, housecoat for walking the halls, houseshoes and my own footies to keep my feet warm. I don't like those hospital footies. Of course toothbrush, toothpaste, brush. They wouldnt let me take a shower so all the shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, makeup was unnecessary. I just washed up with their stuff in the sink. I came home in my gown and housecoat. lol Good Luck on your surgery!

pcannedy
on 7/27/12 12:54 pm - Sacramento, CA
Gas-x strips
big top or shirt, they fill you with air for surgery
slippers and robe for walking the halls
phone,charger
toothbrush, paste
comb/brush

hotpeppers2000
on 7/27/12 2:59 pm - Engadine, MI
 Definate pillow to hold while coughing, a note book and pen for phone numbers, journaling, keeping track of suggestions from Dr's, nurses, staff, suggested websites, anything you might want to remember,a folder to hold parework, written prescriptions and the like. Best Wishes for a safe surgery and quick recovery ~ God Bless, Angie Davis
lisamarie1024
on 7/28/12 12:03 am
My things I thank GOD I brought are my heating pad for my back (helped tramendously with the trapped gas from surgery),  chapstick, gas X strips,  small pillow to get out of bed with or to put on my stomach when I laid on my side and a belly binder works wonders I didn't feel like my muscles are falling out of my stomach it makes it easier to walk.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views