Did I mess up? Pre-op diet starts tomorrow

chocolateeri
on 7/31/12 1:19 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 So because my pre-op diet starts tomorrow, I didn't overeat today, but I did eat whatever I wanted. I bought my breakfast this morning and m husband took me out for 1 last "whatever I want" dinner (Mexican food-yum!). I would like to know since I didn't try to change my eating habits before my diet started, woudl thi smess anything up? Or just make it harder to start the pre-op liquid diet?

And another question- what did everyone do the night before their pre-op diet? What did you eat your last "free" days?

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 1:40 pm - Anoka, MN
VSG on 07/12/12
what you did is perfectly natural! I called them my "food funerals". I had a food funeral for each of my favorite types of foods the days leading up to the start of my pre op. My last food funeral was Chinese buffet.

I say if it helps you have a final "huzzah" to better let go of these foods, go for it!
sleevegirl
on 7/31/12 1:45 pm - Austin, TX
I ate out probably 3 meals per day for the entire month before my pre op diet. Do I wish I had done it differently? Yes and no... it was what it was and it kind of helped to get out of my system if that makes sense. I still eat where I want, I just eat differently now.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

elaine-is-ready
on 7/31/12 1:53 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 Hi.
It's normal.  I had Thai Food on my last day.Just don't give in to temptation and break your pre-op diet. (I assume it is low carb.)  Shrinking the liver and such is important.  Hope your carb cravings aren't too bad.
Good luck, and stay focused on your goal(s).

HW= 305        pre-op wt loss= 35 lbs
VSG date: 3/19/12
moonglo82
on 7/31/12 1:57 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Completely normal

Just to give you a head's up... the first few days of the preop diet can be a bit tough. Whatever you do, push through and keep going, because you're going to be detoxing from carbs, and if you give in and cheat you'll only prolong the frustration.

You can do this! Good luck! You'll be sleeved in no time

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Feystorm
on 7/31/12 2:20 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Competely normal.  I know a ton of people that had their own "food funeral".  I personally took myself out to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.  Then started my 17 day pre-op diet.  lol

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Airpun79
on 7/31/12 2:32 pm - Jacksonville, FL

Like others have said, it's completely normal.  Just try to stick to the pre op diet.  I even cheated on the pre op diet once by eating a few slices of pizza.  Pre op was tough for me but I got through it.  I think if I could do it then anybody could. 

Take care and good luck to you! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

Luvnall3
on 7/31/12 2:40 pm
I just found out Monday morning that I was approved for surgery and thank god I called before eating anything that morning. But Sunday I had the feeling that they were going to tell me to start it. I have in the last week done Mexican food, cheeseburger, pastrami. Believe it or not, they really were not as satisfying as I always thought they were. But the pizza on Sunday was amazing. It hasn't messed anything up so far. And the pre-op diet is going to be a slight struggle anyways. (mine so far is bad headaches-but I have had no caffeine, so that's prob it.) It's not too bad. I have to say, I never thought plain ol' chicken broth could be something I would look forward to. LOL. But it is a change up from the crystal light and waters! Good luck to you!

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

boppyjo
on 7/31/12 2:47 pm
Hi,

I just got my surgery date yesterday as well. I don't start mt pre-op until the 9th, surgery the 23rd.

I love reading everyones comments/issues, it's so great to know I'm not alone.

Good luck and please keep posting as our dates are soo close, it would be nice to have someone going thru the same phases together.
nieba
on 8/1/12 1:41 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
Your last free days are what I did too. I am on day 3 of my Pre-op diet. I also agree that the first days are pretty hard. Monday was "okay", but yesterday, I wanted anything. Anything I could find! Luckily mu husband was there and really helped me get through it. Unfortunately he is now traveling until Monday and I have no one to help stop me, so it is all me.

I am also still working on trying to find ones I can drink. So far the Lean Body Chocolate RTD and EAS Myoplex Chocolate RTD are pretty good to me.

I am going to allow one (only 1) half let loose day. Next Friday is my 10 year wedding anniversary and I want to go to a nice restuarant. I will have my drink for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is going to be free. Don't worry, I won't have any dessert, but I want to be able to enjoy the dinner.

Good luck on your diet. Hopefully we can all meet up on the losers bench soon!

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views