Swallowing Pills

jenngirl
on 8/7/12 4:06 am
VSG on 06/25/12
My surgery was 6 weeks ago. I have not taken any medication in pill form. I was told to only use liquids after surgery. I was perscribed a PPI today and not sure whether or not I should swallow the pill or dump the contents into applesauce as an option mentioned in the pamphlet. Any ideas?
hmtaylor76
on 8/7/12 4:14 am
VSG on 06/25/12
We had surgery on the same day, my doc gave me a ppi from the beginning, pill form and I have taken it every morning with no problems. Just remember to read because I have to take mine and hour before I can eat!

Good luck!
Diana M.
on 8/7/12 4:14 am - TX
VSG on 07/12/12
Check with your doctor to be sure, but there should be no reason not to take a pill at this point, as long as you are able to swallow it.

My doctor had me back on pills by the time I came home from the hospital, just didn't want me on them the first day or so.
jayla_love
on 8/7/12 4:39 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
my doc said liquid for the first few weeks or crushed.. then no pill bigger than a tic tac

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 4:42 am
Call your surgeon's office to be sure what he/she recommends. I was cleared for all pills at two weeks post op.
anninva
on 8/7/12 4:45 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi!  call your surgeon ('cause we're not really able to give advice).  that said, i was taking pills without crushing them by the 2nd or 3rd week after my surgery.  i had to take them one at a time, but otherwise no problem!  (((((((((hugs)))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PrettyEyes_41
on 8/7/12 4:47 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
My doc said pills smaller than my pinky fingernail were okay after the first week (liquids only or crushed during 1st week). Anything larger had to wait 6 weeks. I'm back on all my regular vitamins now.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

jenngirl
on 8/7/12 4:50 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Thanks everyone! Sounds like it will be okay to swallow them, they are teensy. But I will check with my doctor to be certain.
Pobearsam7
on 8/7/12 5:00 am
My vsg was 6-27 and they gave me pills in the hospital and I've been fine, but call your doctor to make sure your ok

Kelly                

trulyhappy
on 8/7/12 7:49 am
VSG on 07/31/12

Of course, always check with the doc. I have been out 7 days and have been taking pills for 4. I cut them up and take them with applesauce. No problems yet thank God! Thank God...Thank God!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views