Having Gastroparesis when you have the sleeve

tjserval
on 8/12/12 11:20 am - KY
Has anyone had gastroparesis when they had the sleeve done? If so has it made it better or worse or the same? What about your weight lost did it stop alright? Did it cause more problems with what food you could eat? I'm suppose to have the sleeve done next month. i started the process in January. I was dignosed in May with GP I have lost 37 lbs of the 100 lbs I needed to lose. But I was so sick and in so much pain I was put on liquid diet in last of May. I drink three protein shakes a day and thats it. So of course I'm losing! I just not sure what to do at this point. Just would like some feed back from other people who has been through this.
Thanks
Tonya

happyteacher
on 8/12/12 11:22 am
 Sorry, I don't know anything about this.  I hope everything goes ok with you though.  Hugs.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

jimbovsg
on 8/12/12 11:32 pm
I had GP  (complication from my diabetes) Have not had an episode since sleeved! Not sure why....no more diabetes I'm assuming?....hopefully  you will have the same outcome....discuss it with your doc?  good luck!  PM me if you have questions!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

tjserval
on 8/13/12 8:54 am - KY
My Gp is from diabetes also. I have lost 37lbs of the 100lbs I needed to loss already! My family doesnt want me to have the surgery now because they feel like I can loss it on my own because of the GP. But I'm on a liquid diet since May of three protein shakes a day, of course I'm losing. I had read where the sleeve could help with the nausa and flare ups of GP plus if it could help me eat some and not be obese anymore well......  Im just scared if or when I can eat I will just gain and I'm tried of being overweight (have been my whole life) except when I yoyo diet! I also have other health issues that I need to get the weight off for. I didnt think I would ever say this but I dont want to get too small! But I want my life back!!!! GP is no fun!!!! I see my surgeon on the 21st. surgery is schedule for around the 17th of Sept.
Thanks for your input!

kimberlimac
on 7/31/18 6:22 pm

I have GP also and am curious if you had the sleeve done and did it help you? Thanks!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views