Loose Skin Poll

moonglo82
on 8/23/12 6:49 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I've got a little on my arms and legs, and a little on my lower abs/hip area... but not as bad as I thought I would. I still have 40ish pounds to go, so who knows what I'll look like when I'm done... but so far it's manageable.

I'll tell ya what does suck though: the quad-boobs! The last time I gave in and went bra shopping, it took me a week to find a bra that didn't make me look like I had extra boobies poking out the sides of my bra under my arms...

otherwise, not too bad.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

AuntieLoLo
on 8/23/12 9:21 pm - VA
VSG on 12/20/10 with
I started out with LOTS of loose skin. However, the more I exercise, the tighter the skin becomes. I contemplated plastics, but I am glad I waited and tat my skin is cooperating, because I am not sure I could handle another surgery.

Now, my only complaint is with my inner thighs: I have some wrinkling.
Phatchick
on 8/24/12 6:51 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Thanks for the post. I have wondered if time and exercise would make the loose skin better appearing. Thanks again.........Sharon

sleevegirl
on 8/24/12 7:10 am - Austin, TX
I think the results depend on how long you were overweight, how much you were overweight, genetics and luck. Honestly, if you've lost a whole lot of weight, no amount of jumping jacks is going to help.

My stomach is the worst. I carried (and still carry) most of my weight there. It's like a half empty bag of fat that just hangs from the top and bottom of my abdomen. It is bad. My thighs aren't great, but aren't horrible. Same with my arms (although they recently have started looking really bad as well).

It can be depressing, but it is what it is... I'll have plastics eventually.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views