Back pain

shellrae72
on 8/30/12 2:03 pm - KY
VSG on 08/08/12
 I am two weeks out and my back is hurting.. Also my stomach feels very bloated.... Is that normal??????
Feystorm
on 8/30/12 2:22 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Bloating - yes.  I felt swollen for like 6 weeks.  It seemed like it was never going down.  

As for the back pain - I had it pre op and post op.  Turns out I have pinched nerves.  So I don't know how it is for people that don't have it. 

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

carebear32958
on 8/30/12 2:47 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Are you sleeping on your back or in a position thats not normal for you?  I know that when I sleep on my back it presses on my sciatic nerve and makes my lower back hurt and my legs numb.  Thankfully I can sleep on my side and tummy again so I am not having any problems but I know for the first week after surgery that was an issue for me.
shellrae72
on 8/30/12 2:54 pm - KY
VSG on 08/08/12
Thanks... I wasn't feeling like this... But I think I might have over did myself a couple days ago n one of my incisions looked a little puffy n it has some fluid coming from it? I called my dr today but I haven't gotten a reply yet.. It isn't leaking much but still worried me?!
cthompson580
on 8/30/12 3:13 pm
VSG on 06/14/12
If your back pain persists don't hesitate to get it checked. I had back pain that wouldn't go away and ended up having a small leak. It was mid back on my right side. It felt like muscle pain.

Leaky Sleeve Survivor!! 

jolenecsky
on 8/30/12 3:17 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
I had back pain that started a couple days after surgery and lasted for about a week. I think it was from holding my body funny because of the muscle soreness in my abdomen. I had to sleep propped up on the couch because laying in the bed just seemed to make it worse. Good luck!

DOS: 8/15/12

Tgrayer1
on 8/30/12 3:27 pm - SC
 I'm a week post-op & my back & stomach hurt most of the time . I went to the dr today & he said to give it another week & I should feel a difference. I can't sleep in my bed & I'm in the recliner most of the time. I think the pain is coming from from not being comfortable as well as the swelling. 
Most Active