Eeeeekkkkk! The nerves are kicking in!

Paisleysmommy0119
on 9/3/12 3:51 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
I'm so nervous! Tomorrow morning I will be getting out of bed at 4:15am to drive to a local park to participate in an outdoor "boot camp" from 5-6am. It's gonna be a long day cause I will leave from there run home shower get my self and my 7 month old ready, head out the door to take her to the sitter then get myself to work by 7:45. So I know I'm gonna be super tired tomorrow night. But that's not even what I'm nervous about! I'm nervous about the boot camp. It's a free four week course that some local trainers offer all the time. The first week is suppose to be "easy" and then the intensity increases each week. Tomorrow will be PT. My bestie said we will run a mile and do push ups and sit ups for a minute each and then we will do this again at the end of the four weeks to see how much we improved. Then it starts all over again.  She goes all the time and loves it and I've heard her say before that the first few weeks that she went she thought she was gonna die. That scares me cause she is 5ft 110lbs and has always been pretty athletic.... I have never been able to run much because of my weight. So I'm terrified of the thought of running a mile! I'm scared I won't be able to do it. I'm scared of being totally embarrassed. I'm just scared period. I've heard great things about the trainers an that they are not "mean" lol but very encouraging and if you are struggling they will come and run or walk whatever you have to do to finish the mile with you but still I'm worried. At the same time though I am very excited cause I know this kind of exercise will help me lose my weight and I'm also excited about the thought of being able to accomplish a one mile run. Like I said before I've never been a good runner so for me the ultimate accomplishment would be to work my way up to a 5 K or even more than that. So anyways I guess I'm writing this to ask you all to say a little prayer for me! I know I can do this... I just got to get past the nerves!

Oh and I've cleared this with my surgeon since I'm still pretty early out. She thinks it will be great for me and just told me to go at my own pace. ;)

--Kristin

Pobearsam7
on 9/3/12 6:01 pm
I hope to start w/ a personal trainer this wk. your lucky bcuz I'm 10 wks post op this wk and my surgeon has not cleared me for boot camp he said I should wait a couple of months. Don't worry bout running... I run bout 20 mins a day and I'm 237. I love it.. It helps clear my mind..from what I hear boot camp is awesome...

Kelly                

mimij
on 9/4/12 6:58 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12
I know you can do it Kristin! This is exciting. You will feel so good when you prove to yourself that you can do it! Awesome. You are inspiring!

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 113 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 337 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 387 views