Pre-op? Whats your VSG date?

Ladybug C.
on 9/13/12 6:10 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Are you a teacher? I thought about putting mine off till january, than my Sister-friend said why? and I had not good answer besides the fact that I was nervous...so she changed my mind...I think I'm glad I did...plus she's scheduled for November so we can journey together. Good luck to you
Elbie
on 9/13/12 7:14 pm
 No, I am not a teacher but I do work in a field where we have student interns. They all started this week. Other than that, September through November is our busy season and things slow down in December, so that is a natural time for me to consider. Also, if I do my surgery around the holidays, I can use medical leave for the holidays and not lose precious benefit time. It all works out. :) good luck with your surgery!
Ladybug C.
on 9/13/12 6:16 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Im with you on all counts...but hey once they put that funny gas in the IV when we wake up it will be all behind us....Good luck and keep me posted on your post op.
Nicksmommy
on 9/13/12 6:39 pm - NY
VSG on 09/17/12
I am scheduled for this Mondqy the 17th...but I am still waiting for final approval from my ins co. I am supposed to herby tomorrow afternoon, but if they don't finalize then the surgery will be postponed...totally freaking out! I am so emotionally ready for Monday, got my 2 kids all set with childcare, my mother is flying in to help for a few weeks, took time off from work etc....not going to be able to sleep tonight...hopefully good news tomorrow!
sandsmom3
on 9/14/12 2:22 pm
Hi Nicksmommy...I am also a "nick mom" haha...and I too am waiting for insurance approval. I am scheduled for the 25th....completely done with pre op testing, med clearance just waiting. Hoping I would hear today..insurance keeps saying "its in review" Maybe I will hear something on Mon.

Good luck to you....hoping you have heard by now and are getting excited!
Nicksmommy
on 9/14/12 3:20 pm - NY
VSG on 09/17/12
I got approved! I ws all done too, my pcp was dragging his feet sending in mY medical necessity letter...got approved at 2pm today!.... So nervous but very excited!!! I hope you hear soon!

EducatorCeleste
on 9/13/12 7:08 pm - TN
November 12th tentative date for VSG. Have a heart cath September 25th due to irregular stress test.

I work in education so planning VSG around Thanksgiving break.
karynh
on 9/13/12 7:19 pm - Tampico, IL
VSG on 09/26/12
September 26th on liquid diet now
SuzyNZ
on 9/13/12 8:30 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
 Monday 17th Sept....and I feel thoroughly sick!!  Every day I get more nervous.

But fortunately I didn't have to do a formal pre-op optifast, only liquids for the weekend from tomorrow.  Protein shakes make me physically sick, so I worked really hard on a 1000 calorie a day diet and lost 12kgs (26.4 pounds) in the 5 weeks before my pre-op meeting, so I got let off Opti-fast or being a good girl! 

Did I mention bloody nervous!!!  3 more days!!   

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

kristen D.
on 9/14/12 5:19 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12
tues sept 25th!!! i've been up everynight with different dreams about the hospital. it's keeping me up, but still I'm excited!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views