I like "skinny girl" food now...

JoyeuxNoel
on 9/13/12 1:45 am
So weird.

Before sleeve, I was all - Diet Coke, Little Debbie, Fast Food, Chinese Food, Buffets, etc, etc, etc...basically garbage, so long as I could have A LOT of it.

Tonight, I realized I was feeling a little woosie and needed a post walk in the park snack. So I start thinking about what I could have and I get positivly giddy when I remember that I have some fresh bell peppers waiting at home!

BELL PEPPERS?!?!?! ME??? WHAAAAAAAT???

You can add sushi, coffee and almonds to the list as well. Oh, and strong cheese. (Of course I liked cheese before, what crazy person doesn't like cheese...) But now I'm buying the fancy, stinky, strong stuff!

So, I guess I just wanted to say how happy I am to discover that I actually enjoy food MORE now. I might only be able to eat little amounts, but that has lead me to seeking out higher-quality foods and foods that have stronger or more unique flavors. 

Omg, how ironic will it be that I have to lose 200lbs to become a foodie?!? 

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now."      
morgans
on 9/13/12 4:39 am
VSG on 06/18/12
LOL!!! I love this post!

I haven't eaten real junk on a regular basis in years. Once you get hooked on the good cheese it's hard to go back. Junk food/fast food just looks so unappealing to me. When you have to add flavor back in (Burger King) to make it palatable, well, that's just wrong.

If you've got a local farmer's market near you and you haven't already - GO!

Shagdoll
on 9/13/12 10:53 am
You are awesome!!! I guess I like a lot of skinny gurl foods too but I still have a little devil on my left shoulder who likes chub foods too. Luckily most of the time my little angel wins!!! Thanks for sharing this!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tripmom02
on 9/13/12 11:18 am - NJ
LOL How true is THAT! It used to be about volume for me, if it didn't bite back it went in my mouth. Now I am SUPER picky about what I eat, if it even LOOKS like it's not going to taste fabulous I pass on it.

Great post!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

JoyeuxNoel
on 9/13/12 10:33 pm

Haha - "chubs food"..."If it didn't bite back it went in my mouth..." 

You guys kill me!

JoyeuxNoel
on 9/13/12 10:35 pm

Oh, and yeah - I looooove Farmer's Market! 

Great food (snap peas are a new addiction too) and I get to feed the baby goats, hello!

Most Active
Recent Topics