Huge stall

jodi80
on 9/16/12 6:27 pm
I am 10 months out of surgery and down 95 pounds but I am stuck here and have been for the last two months.. Anyone else run into this problem?  I know I haven't been eating as good as I was, scared I am gonna fall into old behaviors but am aware and fighting ..  Just wondering if anyone did anything to jump start a long stall?
moonglo82
on 9/16/12 6:36 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Sounds like you already have an idea in what the problem is... you said you're not eating as good as you were. Are you tracking your food intake? If so, are you being completely honest in your tracking? If not, no time like the present to start I find that tracking really helps me to keep a close eye on what I'm actually eating.

Other things to consider:

1) how's your water intake?
2) what kind of exercise are you doing?
3) how much farther do you have to go to get to goal? Is it possible that you're close enough to goal now that you're going to have to work a little harder to keep the scale moving?

You can do this!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

jodi80
on 9/16/12 6:38 pm
Thanks I dont track.. think thats a good idea and my water intake sucks.. far from goal, I have to remembe babysteps.. Thanks for the support

moonglo82
on 9/16/12 6:42 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Not that you asked me, but if you're looking for tools to use for tracking purposes, a lot of us are on myfitnesspal.  Their website and phone app are both free, and it's an easy way to keep up with the NI for anything you eat, calories burned in exercise, and water intake.  Another popular website that offers similar tools is livestrong.com. 

I know what you mean abou****er intake.  I was doing great with it, and now that I'm back at work for the schoolyear I often forget to drink while I'm teaching, and then I struggle to get caught up.  Very annoying. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

frisco
on 9/16/12 7:17 pm

You lost 95lbs.

You know what's going on..... you don't lose that kinda weight by accident......(way to go!)

Your eating to much........

The most common mistake people make in this process is to gradually increase caloric intake when the opposite is needed.

Your body requires less calories to function with 95lbs. gone, so calories need to be decreased to continue WL.

(OK high cal/carbers...... this girl is stuck..... should we tell her to increase her cals and carbs?)

You can do this.... you have found your maintenance level..... Bring it back and reel it in !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 8:40 pm
The truth is this is most likely not a stall.  You probably have discovered your maintenance level.  In order to continue losing, you need to decrease your calories, reduce your carbs, journal every bite and get rid of grazing behavior.  I know that this doesn't sound sexy, but it's my best truth and I am telling you what I would have told myself in your situation. 

You have lost 95 pounds congratulations!  The rest is also up to you. Let me know if you need help with formulating a plan.  Good luck to you.
Happy966
on 9/17/12 11:14 am

I wrote a long post that disappeared into cyberspace.  Frisco and Elina are giving you good advice about the food.  The only other food thing I would say is that recording everything I eat, good or bad, is a core principal of being "on plan."  Also part of being on plan is not eating certain foods.  If I do those two things, it's okay.  I may not be losing weight, but it was a bottom-line good day food-wise.  Period.  This helps take out some of the judgement.  Then I either have a maintenance abstinence or a losing abstinence.

I was just going to say, that for me, I stop losing (or grow less willing to eat fewer calories) when I am not willing to get smaller.  Sometimes I have to sit at a certain size for a few weeks or more before I'm willing to move on.  When I feel stuck, I try to work on giving myself permission to get smaller.  I imagine getting on the scale and weighing X, and imagine myself replacing my current clothes with other clothes that fit well and are attractive.  I remind myself that 5 or 10 pounds will not substantially change my body, I will just be leaner and more able to move comfortably.  I image doing things in Pilates that I cannot do now at this weight.

It sounds weird since so many folks can't wait to be smaller.  It's more of a mixed bag for me, and I try to pay attention to the part of me that thinks wherever I am right now is just fine.  I can usually persuade her that it's going to be okay if we get a little smaller, that we don't have to do it all at once, but it's a process.  This might not fit your experience, but it is true for some of us that have ambivalence about "small."

Good luck!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views