On edge - breast biopsy results tomorrow - sleeve surgery or oncologist on Tuesday??

Ohiogirl
on 9/16/12 4:36 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
Thanks to all of you who have wished me well and kept me in your prayers.  I have tried to keep busy over the weekend - had some family time with my kids and grandkids today - what a great family I have!!!
I should get my results tomorrow - around noon I was told, and then i will know if I can start my bowel prep for sleeve surgery on Tuesday.  Of course - if the results are cancer - then I hope to get into an oncologist or breast surgeon ASAP.  I cannot express how emotional this weekend has been.  My mind has traveled all possible scenarios - cancer, treatment, hopefully cure and then surgery?  No cancer and then on to surgery and a healthier life?  Or a not so good prognosis - this is the one that keeps me awake and sick to my stomach.  Guess i don't depend upon food in a crisis afterall because since Friday I have lost 3 lbs.  

Anyway - thanks for letting me share my thoughts and fears on this journey.  I feel OH is an extended family.  Hard to try to keep a stiff upper lip but i don't want to worry my kids and husband any more than they already are - nice to have OH boards to vent.

Paula
happyteacher
on 9/16/12 4:46 pm
 Hang in there Paula and don't assume the worst.  It is really common for false postives to occur in mammograms- happened to me.  My thoughts are with you.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Ohiogirl
on 9/16/12 5:28 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 That's just it - I felt a lump Thursday - went for mammogram Friday (had one last November) - mammo came back clear but since I said I felt it - they did ultrasound and found a pea sized nodule and biopsied it right away.  How does something pea sized not show on a mammogram - makes you wonder doesn't it?  I didn't ask the radiologist - guess I was too shocked but now I will always wonder if mammos are any good.
Thanks for the good thoughts.
INgirl
on 9/16/12 4:48 pm
Try not to create more stress with worrying over worst-case scenarios if you can.. I had a BC scare a few years back, of pretty high magnitude- bloody nipple fluid coming out.. it was benign. Hopefully the same results for you. 

I am sending you very positive vibes, I know how hard this is- and frankly, when I was going through it with the symptoms I had I needed medication to stay calm.. ((Hugs))

RidgebackMom
on 9/16/12 4:57 pm - Oxnard, CA
VSG on 05/14/12
 Prayers, ((hugs)) and lots of positive thoughts are on their way.  ~Terri

Highest weight 395#. Surgery weight 325#. VSG on May 14, 2012 with Dr. Amir H. Mehran at UCLA.     Life & challenges are what we make them -- this new beginning is what I make it!

Lee ~
on 9/16/12 5:14 pm - CA
 Wishing you the best possible outcome to all of your tests!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 5:17 pm
Paula, I am so sorry you are going through this.  I hope tomorrow comes quickly for you and your get the best news possible. 
TSinNC
on 9/16/12 5:34 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

sleevegirl
on 9/16/12 5:47 pm - Austin, TX
((Paula)) I know a little about what you are going through. It's nerve-wracking for sure. You're in my thoughts and please let us know how you are.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Hislady
on 9/16/12 5:49 pm - Vancouver, WA
For me not knowing what is going on is 10x harder than even a bad outcome. In a few hours you will have your answer and can make plans, so hang in a little bit longer. I pray it will be nothing but a swollen gland and your surgery will go on as planned!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views