Recipes

Cindy22706
on 9/25/12 1:03 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Hey everyone, I will be going to a WLS picnic and have been asked to bring a dish that can feed 15-20 people. It looks like people will be bringing salad type dishes, I was looking for more meat type dishes, any ideas? Thanks!

INgirl
on 9/25/12 1:37 am
I'm planning on making these soon- they look great, and would work well for a picnic I think:

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/02/buffalo-blue -chicken-meatballs.html#.UGHPG7JlQ9Q

Her blog has a lot of other tasty nibbles that could be good too..
Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/25/12 1:38 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
I made a pork loin and put it in the crockpot for a couple different functions recently (not WLS related) and everyone loved it! I just took a whole pork loin and cut it in sections, seasoned it with a BBQ rub and put on the grill on low for about 1 hour or so. Then I sliced it in about 1/4 inch thick slices and put it in thinned bbq sauce in the crockpot to make it really tender. It was pretty easy, pretty healthy, and everyone loved it.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Missy30
on 9/25/12 1:54 am, edited 9/25/12 1:54 am
VSG on 06/27/12
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4570569/Tuna-Cauliflow er-Casserole-recipe/

I made this last week and just finished off the last of it yesterday.  My family also loved it!  It totally tasted like tuna casserole without the noodle.  You could use chicken instead of tuna and you could add onion or leave the onion out.  Anyway I would think this would be a good dish to take.

Kelly-AnneH
on 9/25/12 4:37 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm going to a potluck tomorrow, and although the group is smaller, the recipe I'm making would also work for you. I'm buying premade turkey meatballs, dumping them into my crockpot, dumping lots of salsa on and letting them simmer all day. Dead easy, super tasty and *I* can eat them!

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active