Happend again....

DisneyChic
on 9/26/12 6:26 am
 Took my bariatric advantage vitamins, multi vitamin, vitamin d and calcium. Fifteen seconds later had to throw them back up. Can someone recommend some vitamins please. I can't take these any longer. Thank you all in advance. 
Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/26/12 6:37 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
I know! The BA multivitamin is not so tasty! I just ordered the Celebrate Mandarin Orange Multivitamin. It is lots better. None of them are going to be great, but it is better, I've had it before. Also, for the calcium, I just bought the Caltrate Calcium 500+ and they are pretty good too.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Sarah W.
on 9/26/12 6:50 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
Oh no! I just ordered a sample pack from here (VSGFAQ site had the link) and until then I ordered Bariatric Fusion vitamins, I just chewed a tropical, not bad but my main bottle is mixed berry...it's ok.

FREE Celebrate Bariatric Vitamin Pack!

I’ve tried these and they are very tasty, and cost you nothing but a little time to request online:
Request FREE bariatric vitamin sample pack here

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

lucy2e
on 9/26/12 7:01 am - Laurel, MD
I had the same problem.  Kids chewables or gummy vitamins were all that stayed down for me - not the best nutritionally, but better than nothing according to my nut. 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

bluerskies
on 9/26/12 8:33 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I take Bariatric Fusion vitamins.  It's an all-in-one variety.  I like the tropical and strawberry flavors.  I'm currently working through a bottle of mixed berry that I'm tolerating. 

I've had problems with my vitamins when I've taken them on an empty stomach.  Has that made a difference for you?  If I wait to take them until after I've had a protein shake or after a meal I don't have any nausea or vomiting.  Good luck!
 Jessica

lisa2job
on 9/26/12 9:39 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
 Hopefully you have a costco or sams club by you ..... I pretty much found all the vitamins I needed there.  I take the childrens Vitamins ( ok with my surgeon ) costco brand , taste like a sweet tart.  I take the chewable chocolate Calcium ,  taste like a tootsie roll ( fricken yummmmmmmy )  I have my b 12 that is sublingual and cherry flavored,  my vit D is super small from there so I have no issues just swallowing it.   I also take a b complex that is the only one I need to find a different kind its nasty.  the Iron I use the Bariatrc Advantage in grape flavor ,  reminds me of a grape pixie stix. 

hope this helps

happymom80
on 9/26/12 10:28 am - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
 Do you eat or drink a protein drink right after taking your vitamins? I cannot take any meds - vitamin, ppi, allergy, etc without having my morning protein drink immediately afterwards. I mean, the drink has to be mixed and ready...if there is even like 10 - 15 minutes in between taking my meds and drinking it (or eating) then I get extremely nausious for pretty much the rest of the morning. I also "burp" my vitamins then...and I take a fish oil too...yuck!!!! 

Since I started doing this, I haven't thrown up...I have gone too long between taking my vitamins and drinking my shake and felt awful for a few hours. But this stopped the vomiting in its tracks. 

Just a thought. 

Oh, and I take a regular women's vitamin. My dr. said with VSG we don't need the bariatric ones b/c the absorption part of our digestion wasn't affected like with RNY. I just got my 6 month labs back last week and all was good...it's working well for me...and it's cheaper and I don't have to chew up nasty vitamins. 

Just another though. :-D

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

hmtaylor76
on 9/26/12 12:20 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
I use optisource from Walgreens. They taste like vitamin c, love them. Good luck!!

Heather    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 437 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 457 views