Any GOOD tasting protein shake mixes??

christina88
on 10/3/12 11:35 am
I am on day 3 of my post-op diet and have tried a few different brands and flavors of the protein shake powder, right now im on the french vanilla which tastes HORRIBLE!! Does anyone have any recomendations? Ive tried mixing it with yogurt, berries, orange juice but it is a very strong bad taste.

Thank you!!
KnitsByMama
on 10/3/12 10:39 pm - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 Best tasting shake hands down is Click Mocha. I love it. Amazing. 
2nd best I've found is any of the AboutTime shakes, but I really liked the Peanut Butter one. 
Keep sampling different brands & flavors til you find something that suits you!
sleevicidal_maniac
on 10/3/12 10:52 pm
Almond Breeze almond coconut milk and Muscle Milk Chocolate makes an awesome shake if you make it in the blender

Escape_Pod
on 10/4/12 3:30 am

Protein powder preferences seem to be a VERY individual thing.  Plus, your taste buds tend to be "off" for a while immediately post-op.  Your best bet is probably to find a place that sells sample packs so you can try a number of different ones in small quantities (Vitalady and BJs Bariatrics are a couple of options that come to mind). 
Be careful with the berries (seeds) and orange juice (acid) so early post-op...
You might also try adding SMALL quantities of sugar free instant pudding mix, instant jello mix, or sugar free syrups (like they use in coffee shops) to change the flavor. 

5'8"    Highest Weight: 245   Goal Weight (Surgeon): 154   Stretch Goal: 140

christina88
on 10/4/12 3:41 am
Thank you for all the responses! I am going to see what they have at GNC today as far as sample packs. The chocolate muscle milk and almond milk sound good though ill probably try that too.
TheNewMe13
on 10/5/12 12:48 am - NJ
I had alot of trouble too! I am 2 1/2 weeks out.  I did not like any pre-made drinks I like the powder! The Jay Robb brand is my favorite!  Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views