Frustrated with Slow Weight Loss

Triciajoy
on 10/10/12 1:49 am
I had the gastric sleeve on August 16, 2012.  I have only lost 26 lbs since the surgery (I did lose 16 lbs during the liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery.  I feel that my weight loss is so much slower than everyone else who has had this surgery.  And I stall all the time.  I lost 10 lbs the first week, nothing the second, third and fourth, 7 lbs the fifth and 7 lbs the sixth, nothing in the seventh week and now only 2 lbs during the 8th week.  I feel like I may have made a mistake and should have gone with the RNY.  Has anyone else experienced this sort of on and off again weight loss?

tracey6692
on 10/10/12 2:03 am
VSG on 08/02/12
Hi there.  I am a slow looser.  But you must feel it in the way your body is re-distributing your weight.  That s how I knew it would be a matter of time before it would show up on the scale.  I had my surgery Aug 2.  I would go for weeks without a loss.  Then last week I lost 3 lbs on mon and then another 3 on friday and 1 this past monday.  Follow the rules and drink water and exercise and you will not be disappointed.
Tracey 

tracey6692
on 10/10/12 2:05 am
VSG on 08/02/12
PS also track all that you put in your mouth.  Count your calories.  my calories gross are between 750 and 850.

Triciajoy
on 10/10/12 2:09 am
Thank you for responding!  I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone.  I do track my calories (usually betwen 500-700 per day) and I am exercising.  I guess this is just the way my body is going to react.  Wish I was a faster loser...LOL

lisa2job
on 10/10/12 2:55 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I am a slow looser too,    I have only lost 15 lbs since surgery and it sucks the rest of the weight I lost was before surgery..... . I stalled  for 2 weeks  after the very first week then again last week when I started my monthly cycle.  now I am catching a sinus infection hopefully this wont put me into another stall.   not sure how that can be since I am only taking in around 700 calories and track everything that passes through my mouth.  I also try to go walking 3 x a week as a minimun ..........  I had surgery sept 6 .....   so I feel your pain . 

Looking on the bright side ,  if we loose 10 lbs every month thats 60 lbs in 6 months ...  I will take that !!!   its not the fastest but better than what we were doing before...

AmberK
on 10/10/12 3:51 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I'm a slow looser as well. I am 7 months out and have lost 60 pounds. I can't complain about that, although I know how frustrating it is. I just keep on keeping on and it will show through time. I had a total of 104 to lose so I have lost 57.69 %  of my extra weight! I hope that at a year at I will be a 100 pounds lost, so we will see! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

doctorleelee
on 10/10/12 4:38 am - Oakland, CA
VSG on 09/13/12
 I was so happy to see this posting.

VSG 9/13/12

Week 1: lost 20#
Week 2: lost 1#
Week 3: lost 1#

I am on my 17th day of little or no loss. It's so weird, no matter what I do, the scale is the same, to the ounce, as it was the day before.

Tracking food: I write down everything. My calorie intake is between 300-500/day, but I have eaten at least 50g protein every day. What frustrates me the most is that my doctor said the first 3 months were the magic time when the weight would just drop off, and after that it becomes harder and harder to lose the weight. Well my 'magic time' isn't magic at all. And I have so much to lose, scary.

Argh.

Triciajoy
on 10/10/12 5:00 am
I feel the same way!!  Everyone keeps telling me how quickly the weight is going to drop off and that just hasn't been my experience.  I'm sorry you are experiencing this as well but I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this in the past and then had the weight loss pick up at a later time.

WillItWork
on 10/10/12 7:48 am
I'm also a slow loser.  14 weeks out, only 35lbs lost. I am sure there are more of us out there but too embarrassed to talk numbers on the forum. I've discovered a few  mistakes along the way and corrected them.  At least the trend continues downward.  Listen to the veterans, they have valuable insight and experience.
emelar
on 10/10/12 5:26 am - TX
I was disappointed when I didn't wake up from surgery thin. 

No one ever thinks they're losing as much or as fast as they should or as much or as fast as everyone else is.  Everyone sounds like they're doing just fine.  This is not a race, there is no finish line, your old stomach is not going to magically re-attach itself overnight.  Take a deep cleansing breath.  Stick to your plan.  Enjoy the many non-scale victories and stop letting the scale ruin your day. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views