Does Making Ice Cream out of Protein Powder improve the taste?

MuttLover
on 10/18/12 3:48 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Recently, I'd posted asking if anyone made sorbet or ice cream with their protein powder, and someone recommended Eggface's blog for this (which I should have thought of myself!  DUH!). 
Anyway, the first sentence was so funny, that I thought I'd share -- especially since so many people have a hard time finding a tasty way to have their protein!

#1: If your Protein Powder tastes like a monkey's ass as a shake it will only taste slightly better than a monkey's ass as ice cream....It took me 8 months of taste testing lots of stinky gack. You may think mine sucks. Protein is an individual thing. Don't love yours? I suggest you put less than 2 scoops in to minimize the monkey's ass factor.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/key-l ime-pie-protein-ice-cream-and-tips.html

TSinNC
on 10/18/12 4:13 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Ha! She cracks me up!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/12 4:41 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
She's a lovely, lovely lady in person.  So is her mom.
rhearob
on 10/18/12 5:08 am - TN

I make my ice cream out of greek yogurt.

Put a pint of yogurt in cheesecloth in a cheese mold and press the whey out of it for about 3 or 4 hours. Mix in the flavorings you like and pop in your ice cream freezer.  If you want, save the whey to add to soups or stocks to fortify those.

After pressing, you can also mix in some herbs and spices to make a pretty damn good cheese spread too.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

MuttLover
on 10/18/12 5:56 am
VSG on 11/14/12
Thanks! I will definitely give that a whirl!  I have the final meeting with my surgeon next Friday, so I'm trying to get all of the liquid choices ready!

And -- glad to see you back and doing so well after your surgery! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views