Got My Date -- Nov. 14!

MuttLover
on 10/26/12 5:47 am
VSG on 11/14/12

So, in about three weeks, I'll be sleeved.  My pre-hospital visit for the labs, EKG etc, is done by my primary care doc, so he got me in on Wed -- hopefully Hurricane Sandy won't interfere with that!

Hoping all goes well, and we can drive down to see our son about 10 hours away for Thanksgiving! He's a vegetarian -- so I won't be tempted by Thanksgiving Turkey at his house!  LOL!

Thanks for all of the tips, etc.  I've laid in all of the recommended supplies, and I feel like I have a sample size of every protein powder known to mankind!  Plus a tub of unflavored (Unjury)!  I am dealing with nerves by buying sample products and finishing up quilting projects!

Any advice on calming the pre-op jitters would be welcome! 

kristen D.
on 10/26/12 5:53 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12

omg!! how exciting!!!! congrats!!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/26/12 5:56 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I was very very nervous. Just know in your heart that this is right for you and keep moving forward. As Elina said to me as I was nervously posting from the airport on my way to Montreal for my surgery...she said, "go on, go get your life back!" And that is exactly what I did. You can do it too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

MuttLover
on 10/26/12 7:31 am
VSG on 11/14/12

You know -- this might be getting a little deep for a Friday afternoon -- I've never been thin (or normal), so when I think of "getting my life back", my first thought is that I am getting a new life -- so that's kind of scary too!  I've never been able to visualize myself at a normal size before, and this time I can!

Thanks!

Cindi A.
on 10/26/12 1:00 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I know exactly what you mean. I keep wondering what my "real" face looks like!! I always thought this was me...but I see how people's faces change and I realize I don't actually know what I really look like. Weird huh?

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

christinahelena
on 10/26/12 7:01 am - CA

oh, had a major panic attack the morning of, with drs permission I recommend a lorazapame or ativan-  got me through easy breezy, all my nerves went away.  I was a wreck with worry. It was not nearly as bad as I imagined, recovery thanks to pain meds, not so bad either.  Easier than my 2 c sections.  If you trust your surgeon, and are comfortable with the life style changes you are about to make,  it may be surprisingly easy.  You cannot  imagine how you are not hungry, and sticking to a liquid diet after is not at all like before. I am 3 weeks out, down 25 pounds, sleeping better, asthma better, no diabetes meds, feeling better than I have in 15 years!  More energy too, despite consuming only 300-450  calories a day.  Ask for help here, and you will get great support.  I make shakes dr.ed up with sf, ff pudding mixes to change the flavor (vanilla goes to butterscotch, pistachio, cheescake or chocolate cheescake), I add a little bit of choc pudding mix to a chocolate drink to correct its taste, I add PB2 (now available at my local whole foods) to my chocolate to get peanut butter cup. Sf torani syrups are great, but very sweet-  so I think i will use them more in soft food stage to add to yogurt, ricotta. Added to shakes them make them a bit too sweet to me.

protein hot chocolate and protein chicken broth have been life savers.

stock up on a few broths, some sf ff pudding mixes in boxes, also- I love matrix mint cookie shake mix- it has gotten me through ( I hate lots of them).

Good luck!!! Will be looking for you on the losers bench!

Christina

MuttLover
on 10/26/12 7:33 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Thanks for the encouragement and the ideas!  I have everything you mentioned at home already except pudding. And pudding seems to be a quite popular add it!

I've also been looking at getting an ice cream maker attachment for my mixer -- then I can turn protein shakes into protein ice cream!  Like you said - -anything to make it different!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views