New pic in profile- one year one month out!

dicastro1010
on 10/26/12 9:53 am - Escondido, CA

I uploaded a new pic from today that I took- I am on the right in it. I don't have too many photo ops and feel conceited or something having someone take them so I have been pretty bad about getting more on here and can't figure out for the life of me how to get them in this text box. Anyhoo- if you have any questions please let me know.

It's been a little over a year since I was sleeved. I can now eat like a normal person for those of you wondering. Nothing like I used to be able to, but a piece of pizza is easy peasy to get down in no time- so I need to watch it.  I am down almost 150 pounds and feel amazing.

Struggles-

Working out- Although I LOVE it sometimes I find myself getting lazy, especially now that I am smaller and comfortable. I get lazy. And of course just like back in the day - the days I don't workout I find myself eating a lil more.

Drinking. Now that I can drink again ( I know we are never supposed to) I can drink a lot. So I am staying away as much as possible and started limiting myself to one. But literally- if I don't eat- I kid you not I can drink like when I was 21. Chugging water has been the same. So I stay in a LOT more now than I used to, and just pass up on happy hours or girls night out because I just don't want to go there and question my self control with this still. I drank a lot pre-surgery, so this isn't new, just something I need to stay on top of.

Snacking- not much of a struggle bc I have never been a snacker- but becomes a REAL problem  IF i get an urge and have snack mix or chips- forget about it. I can get it all down.

What's worked/ my day to day

I drink a lot of premier protein shakes. Usually always one for breakfast, then lunch I usually make a sandwhich at work or salad. Dinner varies but it's typically anything  just a small portion. I have never been a snacker so that is good, but like most have warned snacking is VERY easy to do at this stage and you can get a LOT down this far out if you graze. On the random occasion that there are chips or something like that I have noted that if I allow myself I can eat like a beast. So getting away from snacking is CRUCIAL. The other staple for me is excersize. I do pretty intense cardio 4-6 times per week as well as weight lifting on those days as well. Typically I jog/run for 30-45 minutes, sometimes up to 60 for my cardio and then do weights another 30 minutes or so if I don't do a 60 minute class. I am a big fan of the spin and body pump classes at 24 hour fitness so I do those often . This part has been easier for me than some sinceI have always enjoyed the gym and love it now that my body is smaller and stronger, but like I said above, I still need a swift kick in the butt to get motivated this time of year.

Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

novascotiadawn
on 10/26/12 11:06 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Stunning !!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

econtiff
on 10/26/12 12:50 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12

Great! I am a little over 6 months out and I was lamenting on  how "normal" I feel now. I feel like I eat less, I exercise a lot and I pay attention to my food choices and that's me now. It's a part of my life. You've done great and I appreciate the tips! I still have a little bit left to get to goal and I plan to keep it up!

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/12 1:04 pm
You look great!!!
Moniachelle
on 10/26/12 2:53 pm
VSG on 05/22/12

WOW!!!!!  YOU LOOK FAB!!!!! I'm 5 months post op and it seems so hard but I look at you and I know that I can be as successful as you!!!!  Thanks for sharing.

TSinNC
on 10/26/12 10:01 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Congrats on your success!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active