Amazed..

Sarah N.
on 11/8/12 10:12 pm
VSG on 11/07/12

I was sleeved on November 7th (also my 29th birthday), and was released on the 8th.. This process has been so fast that it's making me nervous.. I was told I'd be in there for two days, and was not expecting the after part to be so fast.. I weighed myself on my own scale on the 6th, and according to the scale this morning, I've lost 11lbs.. Is this normal??  I know I can see it in my face, but I'm just so surprised..

Also, needing advice on when I can start doing light cardio and stuff?? 

lillypie9
on 11/8/12 10:25 pm
VSG on 11/02/12

I'm new so don't really know what's "normal" but I imagine everyone's body chemistry is different so there are wide variations. I've resolved to stop comparing myself to other people and just rejoice in my own milestones. Otherwise I'd just drive myself crazy.

I left the hospital last Sunday and Tuesday, I resumed my daily 30-minute walks with my dogs. I'm probably walking a little slower than before, but I'm rejoicing in the fact with the weight I've lost since my pre-op diet, NOTHING hurts when I walk. It's amazing to have such quick results.

valentinoAB
on 11/8/12 10:43 pm
Hello I'm 2 weeks out and in regards to light exersize ... I started walking the day after I got home... It took me about 5 days then I was walking 1.5-1.7 miles
5 times a week... Listen to your body is my recommendation not to
Mention get your water in the more you drink the more you'll loose!!

It took me a week and a day until I could get my water in ... Now I
Plan in so that I get in between 8-10 glasses a day. It's tough but I
Feel great!!!
Walking only for the first 4-6 weeks is what my doc said but you should follow your own
Docs regiment.

Good luck!!

Keith L.
on 11/8/12 11:14 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

There is no such thing as normal as far as post-op goes. Everyone is different. Mine went really well and like you everything happened fast, I could see it in my face. I have only had one very small very short stall.

As for cardio, my surgeon told me to wait until after week 3 post op to resume normal exercise. Prior to week 3 he told me to walk.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views