3-week Stall- Not a new topic but still

larjon67
on 11/17/12 11:17 am

I know that this happens to some people- and I've been at the same weight for 2 weeks now- almost exactly 3 week post-op.  I know that the blogs say it can last from 1-8 weeks but I'm more interested in folks actual stories....did you stall?  How long did it last?  I'm going crazy!!!!!angel

Laura    

HW:  318  SW:  271

e.m.johnson515
on 11/17/12 11:39 am - GA
VSG on 08/02/12

I am now about 16 weeks post-op. I stalled at week, it lasted for about 3 weeks. I just tried to up my protein and continue to exercise, which was only walking at that point. Eventually it broke. It was so frustrating but it's just a little bump in the road. Once you break the stall you will be surprised at how much you lose. I lost 6lbs the week my stall broke and the next week I lost 9lbs. Just keep going. It's not easy but totally worth it!!

Alison V.
on 11/17/12 11:43 am - MO
VSG on 10/22/12

I am right there with you.  It's such a tease to lose so fast at first, then bam, nothing, and nothing, and nothing.  I read someone's post, that said your body is catching up.  I just keep telling myself that.  Then I ask it, "Are you done catching up yet?"....I hope it stops soon, b/c this is FRUSTRATING!!!

fear_of_grace
on 11/17/12 1:05 pm - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm stuck right there with you! I have been stalled since week 3 for 3 weeks.  It's extremely frustrating.  Lots of room for self doubt over here. I'm hoping that it will break soon. 

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

SuzyNZ
on 11/17/12 1:14 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Yip I did for 13 days between week 4 - 6.

Don't stress it, it will end. Keep measuring yourself as I lost inches off my waist during the stall.

It's not downhill on the scale every day. Im 2 months out and have settled into a happy little routine of lose from Saturday till Tuesday, then stay the same until Friday (and even go back up a few hundred grams some days), then start the downhill slide again on Saturday.

At the moment Im losing 2-3kgs a week (about 6 pounds) and Im very happy with my strange little "4 days work, 3 days rest" thing my body has going on at the moment.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

71dart
on 11/17/12 7:32 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I only get weighed at Dr. appts or support meetings. This is because I don't own a scale that goes that high yet, but it works for me. i've been averaging 5-7 lbs. per week, but I know my clothing sizes go down in stairsteps. I will wear one size of pants for 3-4 weeks just fine, then when they start falling down, I switch to the next smaller size which fits fine for only 1 week before falling down, and the next size may only last 1 week.

I'm grateful for formerly fat friends who have given me their fat clothes to get me through this loss stage, or I would be spending $200-300 per month on clothes.

At some point I'm going to buy a nice outfit that fits well and I look good in. I really am looking forward to that.

Tom

jennydemerice
on 11/17/12 9:27 pm - Gonzales, LA

I am almost two months out and I have had several "stalls"...I think I am what you call a Stair Stepper.  I loose about a half to full pound a day for a few days then NOTHING for a week  I get over the moon frustrated.  The first couple times I thought I was failing...but it has been pointed out to me several times by many people, when you take in so much less than you used to...you WILL loose weight.  PS.  I notice on the week that I do not loose weight I loose inches.  Take your measurements, you will be suprised!  Good luck and please dont come down too hard on yourself.

Jenn

larjon67
on 11/17/12 10:11 pm

Thanks guys!!!!  I just get so frustrated- but hearing your stories helps me a lot!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views