TOM is killing me slowly

danixbanani
on 12/10/12 5:51 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

UGH my TOM is here again (why does it feel like it's ALWAYS here?) and my eating/hunger feels out of control!  I'm trying so hard to plan and be good but carbs sneak in more and more during this time.  Nevermind the emotional changes.  I've been doing great with weight loss but now I feel like a failure and don't want to weigh myself for two weeks.  I hate mother nature's "little gift" to us ladies!!! surprise

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

mickeymantle
on 12/10/12 6:07 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

maybe talk to you doctor about the birth control meds that you only have the tom every 3-4 months

Shagdoll
on 12/10/12 6:33 am

I hate weighing myself a week before TOM and the thing is, I have an IUD so I got used to not having a period.  Now post-op, I have 1 like clockwork every month and it sucks major!  Just when I was luvin' life, TOM decides to come back and bust a cap!  Just try to not let it discourage you.  My weight has fluctuated as much as 8 pounds because of TOM but then I have to remember, as fast as it comes on, it comes off.  Gawd ... no me likey  ... at all. blush

We can get thru this!!! heart

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Wildcat-NYC
on 12/10/12 6:38 am
VSG on 08/16/12

It's a nice little reminder that you're not pregnant - I'm always happy about that...lol

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Shagdoll
on 12/10/12 6:46 am, edited 12/10/12 6:46 am
reneemosley
on 12/10/12 7:12 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Well I will agree with Wildcat!! I love that reminder because I'm almost finished raising mine, I would honestly cry if I was pregnant.

Dani....I always feel like that and the older I get the worse it gets, I feel like a slave to the hormone. I try really hard to have sweet things that "sort of" fit in plan like chocolate wafer type protein bars, or protein hot chocolate ( can you tell its a chocolate thing?). If you don't want to weigh for 2 weeks ....don't then all the TOM bloating will be gone and you will feel better.

I hate Mutha' Natures little gift too!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

danixbanani
on 12/11/12 1:24 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

It's just a terrible time and I get really emotional on top of it all.  Thanks for the support ladies!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 320 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views