9 weeks out, progress report

fear_of_grace
on 12/12/12 11:34 pm, edited 12/12/12 11:49 pm - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

I love feeling like I have a healthy routine now, it's crazy to think how my life has already changed.  

Old me: Sodas all day, everyday. Maybe. . .3 or 4 ounces of water a day

New me: Water, water, water (I have had a few sips of soda and yes it was still good, but not worth it. The carbs!! eek)

Old me: Skipped breakfast every morning

New me: Shake for breakfast EVERY morning, I still have to make myself do this.  

Old me: Fast food junkie

New me: Fast food is boring! When all you can eat is the dry chicken you realize all the flavor was in the buns, condiments, fries and soda.  (Bonus, my husband has lost weight since we don't eat fast food together anymore!)

Old me: Couch Potato! I hated going up a flight of stairs in public, because I would breathing heavily. :( 

New me: At the gym FIVE days a week! My gym has a flight of stairs to get to the front door and I can take those with ease now! :D 

Old me: Very shy, unwilling to try new things/ go anywhere where I would stand out as being the "fat one". That was starting to turn in into everywhere, much to the annoyance of my husband.

New me: Tried a group yoga class at my gym, super intimidating, but I did it! 

So, it's taken a while to make all the changes and for them to feel natural, but I'm finally at the point where I'm thinking "I've got this!"  

So far my only negatives are

• Still not meeting the 64 oz minimum for water, the more I drink the more i lose! 
  • Not tracking food. ( All I eat is 1 shake and two 3 oz servings of meat per day, sometimes add cheese)
  • Feel like I'm not losing as much as I should to be on track

Overall still loving my sleeve and happy so far! Proud of what I've done so far, but I know that the hard part is staying consistent and not letting myself slide. Any tips for staying on the straight and narrow?

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

mimij
on 12/12/12 11:42 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12
On December 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM Pacific Time, fear_of_grace wrote:

I love feeling like I have a healthy routine now, it's crazy to think how my life has already changed.  

Old me: Sodas all day, everyday. Maybe. . .3 or 4 ounces of water a day

New me: Water, water, water (I have had a few sips of soda and yes it was still good, but not worth it. The carbs!! eek)

Old me: Skipped breakfast every morning

New me: Shake for breakfast EVERY morning, I still have to make myself do this.  

Old me: Fast food junkie

New me: Fast food is boring! When all you can eat is the dry chicken you realize all the flavor was in the buns, condiments, fries and soda.  (Bonus, my husband has lost weight since we don't eat fast food together anymore!)

Old me: Couch Potato! I hated going up a flight of stairs in public, because I would breathing heavily. :( 

New me: At the gym FIVE days a week! My gym has a flight of stairs to get to the front door and I can take those with ease now! :D 

Old me: Very shy, unwilling to try new things/ go anywhere where I would stand out as being the "fat one". That was starting to turn in into everywhere, much to the annoyance of my husband.

New me: Tried a group yoga class at my gym, super intimidating, but I did it! 

So, it's taken a while to make all the changes and for them to feel natural, but I'm finally at the point where I'm thinking "I've got this!"  

So far my only negatives are

• Still not meeting the 64 oz minimum for water, the more I drink the more i lose! 
  • Not tracking food. ( All I eat is 1 shake and two 3 oz servings of meat per day, sometimes add cheese)
  • Feel like I'm not losing as much as I should to be on track

Overall still loving my sleeve and happy so far! Proud of what I've done so far, but I know that the hard part is staying consistent and not letting myself slide. Any tips for staying on the straight and narrow?

Any tips for staying on the straight and narrow?

Log your food and water and exercise into My Fitness Pal. Knowledge is power. I think you will find it enlightening. You can friend me if you like. I am mimij4

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

VerucaSallt
on 12/12/12 11:54 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Way to go!

There's times I look at my new habits and I'm like "WHERE WAS THIS WOMAN 6 YEARS AGO?!"

Most Active