Lump Feeling In My Upper Chest

Cindi A.
on 12/13/12 12:01 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

So, almost 3 weeks out and it's been a bit of a battle with getting the rhythm of water/protein/nutrients down. Argghh!

Ever since yesterday evening I've had the feeling as though something stuck on the way down and is just sitting there. Everyone knows that feeling, when you've eaten something dry for example. But it just hasn't gone way and it's been 24 hours. 

It can't be that I ate a bite too much because that would have gone away eventually, right?

It's driving me crazy and making even drinking water a struggle.

Any ideas on what is happening?

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Sleeveless
on 12/13/12 5:12 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I haven't had this issue, but someone posted something similar a couple days ago. You might want to look back for it. Or, if it's really bothersome, I suggest a quick call to your doctor.

Why suffer alone if you can get some comfort or at least get your fears set to rest? Hope you feel better soon!

Lovin_Losing
on 12/13/12 10:21 pm

Sorry you are having an issue. I would call your doctors office.  My doctors nurse made it clear during our meetings she would rather we call and find out nothing is wrong than wait and have something happen they could have avoided. Better safe than sorry!

Rita M.
on 12/14/12 1:43 am - Webster, MA

Well my experience was this:

Had the feeling something was stuck or that I had a lump in my throat. So off to the ENT I went and he checked with a very slim and tiny endoscope that he inserted through my nose and looked down my esophagus and said that it was a little eroded. Meaning that due to my bad heart burn (GERD) the stomach acid that kept coming up had done some damage to my esophagus. 

Gave me some meds that I took (BTW NEXIUM helps too) and it was better within a week.

My advise to you is: seek medical help and have it checked by a professional to make sure it is nothing serious and also so it won't drive you mad. Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

Cindi A.
on 12/14/12 7:44 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems that a good burping session clears it up, so I suspect it is gas. (I'm such a lady! ::sigh:: ) Luckily I don't have any issues with heartburn. 

I am working harder on taking everything in super-slowly and have also returned to a more liquid diet until I can feel better about my fluid intake. I see my surgeon for a post-op check-up on Tuesday so I'll consult with him then.

If it gets worse I'll definitely get it checked out sooner.

It's weird not being able to interpret my body signals like I used to. What a learning curve!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views