Syntrax Banana's and Creme!

michael B.
on 12/21/12 8:56 am, edited 12/21/12 9:13 am - MA
VSG on 03/19/12

I love Syntrax! I've gone through my Cappuccino and Mint Cookie phases and now I am on to Banana's and Creme. Thanks to Elise for sharing the 40% off coupon code the other day! If you like banana's you'll like this...maybe with a splash of rum this Summer? Just a splash! Can't wait to get back from my run in the AM to mix up another one of these(no rum of course)

Burnsy  (ticker starts 2wks pre op)                        
Wildcat-NYC
on 12/21/12 8:59 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I have at least a scope of the Nectar Chocolate every day...best taste and dissolves completely!!!!!  

Rum and protein shakes - haven't heard that one.  You'll have to let us know how it tastes...

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Kelly-AnneH
on 12/21/12 10:32 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I don't drink, but have a suggestion for when you want the taste in something like this without the calories - extracts! You can buy rum extract that will give the flavour without the calories or buzz. Admittedly, you may want the real thing, but that's my version.

Also - try adding a spoonful of PB2 to your banana shake - oh my! I was raised on PB toast with sliced bananas and that gives me the flavour without the toast. I do make myself PB & banana toast occasionally, but only if I have a buddy, since I can only eat about 1/3 of the slice.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

michael B.
on 12/21/12 11:10 am - MA
VSG on 03/19/12

Great idea Kelly!  I'll have to try it with PB2 tomorrow...I make PB/banana on english muffin all the time for breakfast...usually only get one half of the muffin, half a banana down but so good. 

Burnsy  (ticker starts 2wks pre op)                        
busboss1
on 12/21/12 11:52 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Are you purchasing online? If so, what site?

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

karismommy231
on 12/21/12 12:02 pm
VSG on 11/05/12

is the 40% coupon still good? and what site did u order from? i wanted to get mint cookie! so good!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Shagdoll
on 12/21/12 1:50 pm
Dang that sounds yummy with PB2. Sucks I missed Elise's post but I still want to get me some anyway!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Kelli M.
on 12/21/12 3:21 pm - CA
VSG on 12/04/12

I tried syntrax once and it seemed really thin compared to other protein drinks. Is it usually like this, or did I just mix it wrong?

Kelli

Kelly-AnneH
on 12/21/12 3:42 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
It being thin is one of its attractions for me. My Fred REALLY doesn't like thick shakes.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Calking
on 12/21/12 5:37 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Usually the best protein shakes are made from 100% Whey Protein Isolate and none of the Whey Concentrate or "blend".  Since this is the case they usually mix up better and thinner unless you see Xanthan Gum as an ingredient.  Xanthan Gum is a thickener.  I actually add 1/8 tsp of Xanthan Gum into my shakes most days to make a drink very close to a milkshake.

A typical recipe for a protein shake that I make is

-- About Time Vanilla (100% All Natural Whey Protein Isolate with only 4 ingredients) ... the protein, stevia, natural flavors, and Xanthan    Gum) ... 1 scoop for 25 grams protein, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 lactose)

-- 1 tbsp Trader Joe's Unsweetened Organic Cocoa powder

-- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum

-- 2 tbsp Trader Joe's Secret of the Egyptians Psyllium Husks (added fiber)

-- 2 tbsp Hills Bros Sugar Free Mocha Coffee

-- 8 oz Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

-- 2 oz Liquid Egg Whites

-- 1 packet of stevia to help sweeten the cocoa powder

But the point I am making is to buy some Xanthan Gum to thicken your shakes and use 1/8 tsp.  A bag is maybe about $10 but remember that you are only using a very small amount.  My one bag has lasted my over 6 months so far and I use it almost daily.  I think it is about half empty.

Good Luck

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active