Nervous I will be the One...

mdusha
on 12/22/12 10:30 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

...person this doesn't work for. Surgery was 12/7. I've lost 14lbs since, but that seems like not much compared to others I see here. for about four days now, the scale's not really moved much. I had lost  significant amount of weight prior to surgery, so I feel confident I CAN lose weight. And I know about the three week stall...but I'm just now going into my third week..shouldn't that be delayed a bit? I know, I know..'s not a science and everyone is different. I'm just anxious.

I track my food and am at about 300-500 calories a day. I do struggle to get all my protein in and really have to be conscious to even get enough liquids in.  I walk each day, though I'm only at about 20mins a day just now. How can I NOT lose weight at that calorie level?

Just need to be told it'll be ok, I guess...if, in fact, it will be ok lol. :)

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

AnnieinIA
on 12/22/12 10:55 pm
You said it yourself - how can I NOT lose weight at that calorie level? ;0)

When I was at your point I had just barely lost the 12 lbs I GAINED in the hospital.

In all seriousness, I am one of the slower losers on this board and I lose - you will too.

Best to you, Annie
frisco
on 12/22/12 11:23 pm

You'll be fine.... just keep the path......

Don't listen to half nonsense that goes on this board.....when someone tells you to raise your calories...... know better.....

Keep your protein and fluids up and your carbs and cals low and you'll be fine...... find activities you can do forever......I walked off 200lbs.

Be strong !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

smashlee
on 12/22/12 11:54 pm
VSG on 12/17/12
I had to giggle, ONLY because I said the exact same thing. If course it would be me to be the freak this didn't work for! Hehe.

I'm barely a week out and now am just focused on healing. We WILL be successful!
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/12 12:13 am

You will be fine. December 7th is an awesome day to get sleeved  BTW! Turned out to be one of the best days of my life! Will be for you, too.

Just relax. You're losing a pound a day right now. Your glycogen stores are depleted now and your body needs to replace them, which means your body will retain water until the glycogen is restored. Give yourself sometime and do not switch things up - stay the course. Your calorie level looks just like mine did at two weeks out. You will start losing again in no time. You are not in a stall anyhow, just a temporary rest stop.

deziree63
on 12/23/12 2:59 am, edited 12/23/12 2:59 am
VSG on 12/03/12 with

I had surgery on 12/3.  Tomorrow marks the end of week 3 for me and I begin my "mushy" phase on Tuesday.  I went on Optifast at 270lbs on 11/26.  I went in for surgery at 257lbs on 12/3.  Today I am 236.8lbs. 

I, too, felt exactly as you've described -- every day this week!  I keep saying to my husband, "what if I'm the ONE person this doesn't work for?! I had my stomach cut out for goodness sakes!"  He says this to me -- "You would be a scientific anomaly if you didn't lose weight with the amount of calories you're consuming versus the amount you are putting out each day."  Then I say, "but what if my body learns to quickly adapt to this amount of calories so that the weight just stays the same?" To which he says, "then they would want to study you as an example of the most efficient body in human history."

LOL.

It's not just you!  I think all of us who have had weight loss surgery have spent a lot of time, emotional stress, and mental change to get where we are post-surgery.  The idea that we've done it all for naught is the scariest thing imaginable!  But the weight will come off.  It will :) I have hit my first stall this week -- I stayed at 238lbs for 4 days until I finally went down, just a few tenths, yesterday.  My girlfriend who is a year out of surgery this past November says this is ABSOLUTELY normal and that it happens to everyone.  She also said that it will happen again and again so to try and learn to deal with it. 

Just keep doing what your supposed to do and it WILL WORK!

Good luck to us all!

Happy Holidays!

jule R.
on 12/23/12 5:40 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with

I always thought that I would be the one this didn't work for, and I am happy to say that I'm not. Don't get discouraged with they fear of a stall. Stick to your Dr's plan and stay active. You will succeed! I had the WORST eating habbits EVER and I still struggle but this surgery has helped me so so so much I would have never lost 100 lbs without it and you will be where I am in a year looking back feeling so proud of yourself! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views