I Got Weird Stuff Going On...

mdusha
on 12/28/12 12:04 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Since earlier this morning, I've had pains on the left of my chest and into my back. Sometimes, there's even a weird sort of burning pain ON my back. Very odd. When I was shortly home from the hospital, I had contacted my surgeon's office about a squeezing in my chest, and they assured me it was just the sleeve and the muscles trying to heal. I guess I'm just nervous. Should I be concerned? 

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

maeya321
on 12/28/12 12:14 pm
VSG on 07/05/12

I'm not certain, but I'm also not a doctor. If you're concerned at all, or if you feel short of breath or numbness in your left arm then go to the ER or call for help! Weird about the burning pain. . . ..

mdusha
on 12/28/12 12:18 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Thanks for so quickly responding. No shortness of breath, numbness or pain in my arm or jaw...so I'm thinking it's probably not my heart. I also earlier today had pain in my lower left abdomen. Just kinda freaky stuff. I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning...'m just a nervous Nellie! lol

moonglo82
on 12/28/12 12:23 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Could it still be gas pains?

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

mdusha
on 12/28/12 12:29 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I don't think...this far out. I never really had huge gas issues....but it's a thought. I just took my Protonix (acid reducer) for the night....will see if that helps. 

Machelle.K
on 12/28/12 12:31 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I didn't think I had gas issues either until last week (7 weeks out)

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

mdusha
on 12/28/12 12:33 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Hmm...interesting. Ok...that may be it then. I remember people saying they had sort of sharp pains in their chest and shoulder from gas...maybe that's it. I feel a bit better about it now...but still hurting lol.

hollykim
on 12/28/12 12:47 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have l side,back,neck and chest pain when I have gas or when I am going to have to poop. sometimes I have pain there UNTIL I poop, making it impossible to put it off.

Do you still have your gallbladder? Dull pain between my breasts was my first symptom of needing my gallbladder out.

it could also be excess acid. You might have to take the Protonix twice a day.

GL

mdusha
on 12/28/12 12:50 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Gallbladder has been gone about 18 years now...but I think I'm buying the possibility that it may be gas. Will check about taking the Protonix 2X a day...not a bad idea. I really appreciate everyone's responses and help...as I mentioned, Nervous Nellie here lol :-))

And just FYI...I really appreciate the support here on the forum! I've never been a big forum sort...but this is great stuff! :-))

mdusha
on 12/28/12 10:46 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Just to follow up...I think it WAS gas...and that I had maybe eaten a tiny bit too much volume. Taking it easy today with mostly liquids and small amounts of really soft proteins (SF hot chocolate and 1/2 scrambled egg for breakfast). So far, so good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views