NSV - Clothes shopping! Is that me in the mirror???

fear_of_grace
on 12/29/12 5:23 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

I saw you guys talking about how addictive this shopping thing would be, but I had no idea!

I took an armful of clothes to the dressing room and they FIT!!! ALL of them! What????? Plus they were sizes (plural) smaller than what I had been wearing  Normally I take a truckload back and can find one thing that is big enough to "work". Now I already have more choices and it's crazy!

I had planned to buy myself a new necklace I had my eye on as a reward for hitting 40 pounds down, but I had been dragging my feet. Honestly, I have bought mainly cute accessories for many years to make my black t shirts and jeans look "fancy".  I decided to go clothes shopping instead.

This girl is now rocking her first pair of skinny jeans AND tall sexy boots, it's an amazing unbelievable feeling.  You better believe I was wearing those boots with my pajama pants last night, haha.  

Last new year's eve I was hiding in the corner wearing an old maternity cardigan (NOT pregnant, mind you) trying to cover my lumps. This year I'm strutting my stuff! I know I have a ways to go, but this is a hugely motivating to go the rest of the way! 

I have been making some not great eating decisions lately and I'm ready to get back on track.

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

beckyinkc
on 12/29/12 5:34 am
VSG on 07/25/12

YAY!  While I still don't entirely enjoy shopping, it's so much easier and less stressful now.  Good for you! :D

fear_of_grace
on 12/29/12 10:23 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks!! Look how close to goal you are!!!! Can you taste it? :)

beckyinkc
on 12/29/12 10:36 am
VSG on 07/25/12

I'm not QUITE as close as that silly thing says.  I've been trying to update it, and it doesn't seem to want to take.  150 is my second goal.  199.9 was the first, then 150, then 135 (which I THINK will be my final goal, but who knows).  But yes, definitely excited. :D 

fran67
on 12/29/12 7:57 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I too always tried to dress up the black t-shirt! Now, it's kind of overwhelming to be able to go into any store in the mall (many that I've NEVER been into in my whole life) and have such a huge selection. I still have trouble finding stuff because I don't like form fitting because of the excess skin but I don't want to wear oversized stuff anymore either. But I'd rather have that than be still be shopping in Lane Bryant or the Avenue! Great NSV!!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

fear_of_grace
on 12/29/12 10:26 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

So glad not to be part of the black t shirt crew anymore!  And overwhelming is the right word to describe my feelings yesterday :)

Nancybefree
on 12/29/12 8:20 am
VSG on 11/21/12

That's terrific!  I'm so happy for you. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

fear_of_grace
on 12/29/12 10:26 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you!! 

mdusha
on 12/29/12 10:08 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

OMG...is the black shirt the uniform of the "big" girl? I have TONS of them in my closet and even have a black hoodie that I wore most of the time with them! I think it was my effort to be inconspicuous...as if that was possible at my size. I can relate to what you say about shopping. My mom took me shopping for clothes at Christmas (though I warned her not to b/c I don't want to spend too much as I'm in the losing phase)...and it was so much FUN! Just as you said...to find things that fit and to have choice. I learned something though. I used to wear a 24 and am now in an 18...but I bought 20 pants b/c those were the ones I grabbed, thinking it unlikely they would fit. I was so thrilled that they did, that I failed to notice they were a bit big. Having to take them back for 18's. Now, my rule is...take to the dressing room the size SMALLER than I think I can wear. So far...it seems to work!

Congrats on your success! You're an inspiration! Enjoy your New Year's out with your boots! :-)

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

fear_of_grace
on 12/29/12 10:31 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12

Black shirts were all about me trying to be inconspicuous as well!  I took the darker clolors are slimming "rule" and ran with it! Looking back it probably backfired, it was a running joke with my friends that I always wore black (dark gray or navy if I was feeling saucy). 

I'm slowly introducing color back into the wardrobe, but looking in my closet it's still a sea of black v neck shirts. . . 

Way to go on the 18s!! That's the size I'm in now, started at 24 as well and it's scary to me now how "little" I feel. I haven't been this small since 2005.  Excited for us to continue our journey!

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

Most Active