2 Year Surgiversary - Pictures Included

DragonGirl
on 1/10/13 11:50 am, edited 1/10/13 11:55 am - MN

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd pop in and celebrate my 2 year surgery anniversary! I used to live here at OH in my first year...but then real life gets in the way...and you get busy maintaining...and there's less time.

I get asked all the time...what's your secret? I just smile and say...there is no secret, I had WLS, I eat less...I eat healthier...I move more...and I get amazing support. You can spend a lot of time trying to figure out the math of it..the metabolics of it...but it's fairly simple.

September 2010 - 280lbs

I love life now! I was miserable in my old life..I felt self conscious...my body hurt...my heart raced...and there was never enough food to feel full. 

NYE 2012 - 156lbs

I have an amazing support group I attend every Saturday morning. I am so blessed to have these women as friends, we support each other, they keep me mindful, and I am very blessed to have a great program at the hospital that I will benefit from for the rest of my life.

WLS Support Group NYE  2013 (Collective Loss 884lbs excluding 2nd from left)

If you're on the fence and trying to decide if VSG is right for you, ask questions and get the facts! It's been an amazing journey and the journey will continue with maintenance and living a healthier life!

Much love and best wishes in all your journeys!

Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
anninva
on 1/10/13 12:07 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Awww, Heidi!  You look GREAT!!!!!!  I'm so sorry we didn't get a chance to talk today -- hope you got my msg!  Will call this weekend. Soooooo, you look great, that is one snazzy dress you have on, and you look like you are just having too much fun!!

So, we did it Sleeve Sister!!!!  So happy to see this!  broken heart  (((((((((hugs)))))))) and much, much love!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

seejo
on 1/10/13 12:24 pm - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

HOLY MOLY!!  I'm 3 weeks out and your pics are so encouraging!!

SweetJanee
on 1/10/13 3:11 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
So happy for you! Love it :) and u look so happy too!
frisco
on 1/10/13 7:24 pm

Ya!

Congrats on 2 years !!!

Love it when it all works out !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

fran67
on 1/10/13 9:40 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Congrats! As beautiful as you look in the shots where you are dressed up, it was the trampoline picture that really got me. I haven't been on a trampoline in years and that made me realize that I can do it again this spring and will proobably love it. I bet my kids will love it too if I got on one! Thanks for sharing!!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 10:31 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Wow!  You are one beautiful lady!  Congrats on all your success!

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/10/13 10:57 pm - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

CONGRATULATIONS HEIDI on being able to live life to it's fullest! You look extremely happy and just beautiful!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

JudyR2565
on 1/11/13 1:10 am - MN
VSG on 06/21/12

Heidi--you look great.  You have been such a role model for me as well as a great support system as I go thru my journey. 

HW: 250 SW 230 CW 223 Month 1 ?    
Faye56
on 1/11/13 1:21 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Heidi, you look awesome and happy! Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them and congrats on your success!

How are you doing in maintenance? I gained about 4 lbs since being in maintenance (and the holidays) but back on track now. I know I should not let the holidays change my plan but I did. Still learning and struggling with the lifetime changes I guess.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views