Chewing and spitting -- but not what you think! Ostrim

MuttLover
on 1/14/13 4:04 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Have any of you Ostrim eaters found that some bites of that will simply not chew up?  I'm not a big fan, but have it at my desk, and have only eaten on pack before -- and that was breaking off pieces and eating over the course of several days.

But today, a couple of pieces just aren't chewing up -- so I just spit them instead of swallowing and having it land like a lump in my gut! 

Do I just have a weird batch -- or basically, I should save these for later.  I was looking for low carb options I can keep in my desk to boost my protein.

Thanks!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Terrimarv
on 1/14/13 4:09 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12

I have one almost every day, and haven't had any problems like that (thank God!).  The texture is a little funky, but it's a lot of bang for your buck when totaling grams of protein at the end of the day, so an Ostrim stick is usually my evening snack.

Wildcat-NYC
on 1/14/13 5:11 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I have a hard time with the texture and the skin...I prefer beef jerky (no skin).

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
TSinNC
on 1/14/13 5:19 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I haven't had a problem with it, but the thick skin is kinda gross. I still eat them, though, because I can keep them in my car for on-the-go protein.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

AmberK
on 1/14/13 5:43 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

I am a very picky eater especially about textures, but I LOVE Ostrim! It has turned out to be one of the staple foods in my diet! I'm sorry your having a tough time, maybe you should take them back and exchange them maybe and see if it was that particular batch 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

dcsabrina
on 1/14/13 10:17 pm - MD

I find that occasionally I run into a bite with gristle or something like that that is extra tough. Also if you are eating one piece over a couple of days, it likely gets a little extra dried out. I bought the one that come in the 1.05oz packages, which is actually 2 flat "sticks." Often I only eat one of them, but I notice that the second one, if it sits open too long, can get very dry, at which point it becomes a snack for hubby. Maybe try storing it in an airtight container?

Lap band July 2008, revised to VSG November 2012.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 139 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 407 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 434 views