Sweet taste in my mouth

jen_vsg_4me
on 1/20/13 2:35 pm - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13

I'm on the pre-op liquid diet.. haven't had solid food in 5 days... I have a sweet taste in my mouth all the time.. water won't even wa**** down.. Anyone else experience this?

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

pineview01
on 1/20/13 3:03 pm - Davison, MI

Google ketosis and see if you think that is it!

Or like me the taste is there because I have had so many sweet shakes the taste is always there but, thought it was in my head.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lovemy3d
on 1/20/13 3:03 pm

Yes. Try drinking crystal lite any flavor. I chewed sugar free gum to help with my sweet tooth. Good luck

tinamarie47
on 1/20/13 9:51 pm - Hot Springs, SD

Welcome to "ketosis" otherwise known as the "fat losing zone". It means you are doing is right-keep rockin' your sleeve!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
jen_vsg_4me
on 1/21/13 12:49 am, edited 1/21/13 1:04 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13

Thanks for the replies!  I looked up ketosis... it could be that. it could also be all the icky sweet shakes I have to drink... but the reason I didn't think it was that was because I would take a drink of water and swish to get rid of the taste, but it would be worse afterward.  The sweet taste is there and sometimes just gets stronger out of nowhere.  I chew gum to make it better because I don't want to have bad breath. 

I'll try drinking something like crystal lite and see if that makes a difference..  if it is ketosis, then COOL!  lol

My surgery is the day after tomorrow!!!  :-D

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

sunny_disposition
on 1/21/13 4:19 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

I've been doing the shakes for 8 days now, and I've been having the same issue! I've found that carrying around the little Colgate Wisp brushes helps, or chewing gum in a pinch.  Hope your surgery went well!

Most Active