Welp, I've finally hit a stall *sigh*

danixbanani
on 1/28/13 5:56 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Almost four months out from surgery (on Feb 12th I will be anyway) and I think I've finally hit a stall.  The past two-three weeks I've barely lost an ounce.  I'm not mad or anything, I had a feeling it would happen.  I'm trying to not be discouraged but I've found myself slipping a lot more lately.  Higher carb counts and not really getting my fluids or protein in. 

This week, I'm trying for something different.  I menu planned and prepared meals on Sunday for the week.  I'm going to try my hand at Elina's protein bars.  I don't love protein shakes but I am going to try them again to up my protein.  I need more fluids and I need more exercise.  I didn't have this SECOND (really third) surgery to fall flat on my face.  I want to lose 10 more lbs by the next time I see my doc which is March 4th.  I think that is a realistic goal and I'm pretty positive I can do it.  Hear goes nothing! 

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

godsdiva4life
on 1/28/13 8:34 am - Frisco, TX

Elina's protein bars are yummy.  You can do this.  Just buckle down, get back on the plan.  One thing that helps me curb my carbs monster in chromium and I've also done a day a protein shakes to get the carby taste out. 

Calking
on 1/28/13 2:57 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

And always remember that stalls are your body's way to say ... slow down a second ... you are changing too fast ... let me redistribute some of your weight so that you can loose some inches off various parts of me ... then we can get back to the loosing in a short while.

An odd way of saying that during stalls you will loose inches so measure body parts and notice those inches coming off even if the weight isn't.

Also your body's way of telling you to be patient and practice patience.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

nallen
on 1/29/13 3:02 am - baytown, TX

just get back in the game... This is a marathon... I am about 1.2 years out and 70 lbs down...it is still early for you, so don't give up. Meal prep is good, protein and veggies too. Exercise is the key as well. I lose more when I am active. I hit a plateau and gained a little during the holidays so keep going!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views