The "You Look Different" STARE

thinnersinner
on 2/6/13 9:24 am

After returning to work last week, my high school students seemed a little confused...most just stared with a perplexed look on their faces.  Today, another teacher walked past me in the hallway and also had that stare.  She came in later and apologized, but mentioned that she was pretty sure I've lost a ton of weight.  It was so nice!  I've been in a stall for about three weeks and even though the scale isn't moving, others are starting to notice!  Very encouraging!

Do you get the stares too?  Are there people who never even recognize you?

Machelle.K
on 2/6/13 9:28 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I totally relate! Yesterday at least 12 people pulled me aside to comment "privately" how great I looked, so asked if I was ok, hoping I wasn't sick. My boss (we are somewhat friends as we've worked together for 8 years), said, "Man you look great your so skinny." Of course I don't feel skinny, nor am I when I look in the mirror. I think with the exercise I am starting to get my shape back which is fantastic. I so very happy for you too!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

cbhorn
on 2/6/13 9:47 am
VSG on 05/23/12
I work in a public school district. I work in all nine of our district's schools. So I don't see some teachers on a regular basis. The other day I had a teacher pass me, whom I've know for 18 years. She came back and said, "oh my gosh. I didn't even recognize you!". It was awesome! I am working hard at breaking my addiction to food and changing my lifestyle to include daily exercise and healthy food choices. So I get a thrill out of people noticing.

Enjoy it and be proud of your accomplishments.
2BoyzNMama
on 2/6/13 10:03 am - CO
VSG on 11/01/12

Yep getting the stare... and I completely know what they are trying to figure out but I'm not going to help them!  One lady finally asked...did you change your hair?  LOL

~Nickie 

HW: 292 SW: 289.2 CW: 248 M1: -27.6 M2: -16.2 M3: -12.2 M4: -13.2 M5: -15.8 M6:-9.2

AppyGrl
on 2/6/13 10:22 am
VSG on 01/23/13

I am in the middle of my time off from work and went into the school today for class pictures (10 yrs and I have never missed one). I have lost 30lbs since my co-workers last saw me and I got many stares while I was in. Can't wait till I go back for good:)

Have you been tired going back? 

Shagdoll
on 2/6/13 12:25 pm

Yes and it's funny when they look at you like WTH?!?!  I don't mind the stares but sometimes I can "feel" stares in places like an elevator and it feels a little awkward but it's still cool for the most part.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

its2013
on 2/6/13 12:46 pm

Hi,

I am so happy for you as you got that stare. I got my VSG done on 21st January. The weight reduction seems very slow and now it has almost stopped . I lost around 4 kgs and after that the needle just does not move below 91 kg. Do you have advice for me ? I am on liquid diet and I walk for 30 mins everyday.

Thanks

Itali

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views