really slooow loser

maga63
on 2/8/13 11:56 pm

Keep telling myself that weight loss is highly individual and I'm loosing after all, and that activity was limited by that pain in my r side (better but still there) and that the last time i was 213 was 2 yrs ago after one more diet attempt.....still 14 lbs in 28 days....

Went back to modified work this past monday and the biggest problem was staying on track with fluids and protein shakes and  meds.....Reminder to self: enter reminders in outlook!!

Still being positive, glad to be feeling better, looking forward to the SUMMER!

Glad to have missed out on the snowfall

louisamay
on 2/9/13 12:04 am
VSG on 04/27/12

I did not lose as quickly as many people lose but guess what--I DON"T CARE.

Don't think about slow. Think about the loss. It's real. And it will last forever this time, if you just settle down and let your body learn its new way of life.

Hang tight, and congrats on changing your life and your world!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Miss150
on 2/9/13 1:14 am
Hi! We're within a couple of pounds of each other. I'm two months out this Tuesday, and it looks like I'll only be down maybe 11 lbs. or so for the month. But, guess what? It's downward movement, and I'm greatful for it. I try to take an inventory every day-have I worked my program the best I can? If so, then that's all I can do, and let my body do what it needs to do to get well. We're going to get there- the days will pass - WE WILL SIT ON THE WINNER'S BENCH one day. Live in hope, and work hard in the meanwhile. Smiles your way!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

busymom39
on 2/9/13 1:26 am

Your body is going to do what it needs to do.  I am losing at a slow rate too, but I am losing.  I will be 2 months out on the 10th and hope to hit 40 pounds. The last time I lost 40 pounds it took 2 years to get off and a couple of months to gain back.  Run your own race and the weight will come off. 

jomaddox
on 2/9/13 10:38 am
You think you're slow ...I had my surgery 12/31/12 Im six weeks out and Ive only lost 8 pounds since surgery. 8 pounds!!!! Talk about disappointed. Keep swimming it'll come so Im told. Good luck!
guesswho11
on 2/9/13 10:57 am

I think you're doing great!  That's more than I lost at that stage.  I had the 3rd week stall, and it lasted for 3 weeks.  I was so stressed about it, but the weight loss quickly resumed.  I'm 17 months out, and I'm at my goal.  I've lost the last 30 lbs after my 1 year surgiversary , and I still lose a lb every several weeks.  My body must not be at goal, even though I am very happy with my weight.  Hang in there!! The loss will speed up and continue for a long while to come!

shajoh
on 2/11/13 9:34 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I'm 2 1/2 mo. Out & lost 40. My husband is 3 mo. Out & has lost 60+. It's hard living with someone who doesn't work as hard as I do yet loses a whole lot faster. I do my exercise, food plan, vitamins. The only thing I could improve on is the water. I'm working on it. I just forget. You are doing great!!!  

Sharla

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views