Question for the 100 pound losers??

Swiftkick00
on 3/2/13 9:55 am

Hello, I guess at 320 I am a heavyweight and I see so many posts about 100lbs lost in  6+ months and I truly want to cross that hurdle as well....I am now about 12 days out and 6lbs down since returning home.....26lbs if you include pre-op.....

My question is did you do everything perfectly with no hiccups or did you have to find a bit of a balance......I say this because I cant get in my protein or water and as Elina says "Protein is our medicine" .....I'm not eating too much of anything.....Did you stick to your plan religiously or were there days that you too just couldn't get everything in???  What about exercise? 

I want to be a 100lb loser desperately like you.  I am motivated just a bit off keel and frustrated.  Thanks for reading.

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/13 10:02 am

OK, but what are you eating?  You say that it's not much of anything.  What do you mean by that?  How much protein are you taking in?  How much fluid?  I am asking because I am worried about you and I don't want you to get hospitalized because of dehydration.  I really hope that you are journaling your food and keeping track of calories, carbs, protein and fluid intake. 

Swiftkick00
on 3/2/13 10:06 am

The last 5 days I have had 1 fit and active greek yogurt and 1/2 to 1 cup of sugar free applesauce....that's pretty much it.....less than 16oz. of liquids......I know it's bad.....no I haven't journaled cause it isn't much.  Today I feel thirsty, but get so frustrated with sipping.

Swiftkick00
on 3/2/13 10:09 am

Oh and my follow-up with surgeon is Monday afternoon....I expect to go to puree foods

KnitsByMama
on 3/3/13 8:43 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

If that's real, only 16oz you better prepare for a trip to the hospital. You will be dehydrated in no time. DRINK!!!

Julie J.
on 3/2/13 10:12 am - NV

PLEASE make sure you get enough fluids in. I have heard too many stories of people getting dehydrated and having to go to the ER.

Swiftkick00
on 3/2/13 10:40 am

Thanks Julie

I know  and am trying to bump it up....I don't want to end up on IV fluids....tomorrow will be a push forward day and thereafter.

I sooo appreciate your concern!

Keith L.
on 3/2/13 10:20 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

No such thing as perfect. I lost 100lbs in about 3 and half months. It definitely slows down after that. I was far from perfect. I was pretty close to the mark most of the time. I did some experimenting which was not helpful and I never ate breads or bad carbs. I ate some fruit on occassion but never juices. I tried a bit too early to get my proteins from foods instead of shakes that didn't work out to well and even today I drink one protein shake a day. Protein has always been my focus bu****er is just as important or more. There are certainly going to be days when life happens and you don't get everything, just try to get back to it as quickly as possible.

After 3 weeks post op I started to exercise and from then to now minimum 4 times a week, as much as 6 times a week and average about 5. So exercise is a must, doesn't have to be crazy just 30 mins of walking each day will help you a lot. 

Try your best to to stick to your plan as best you can. If you fall off the wagon it is just as tough to get back on as it was before.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Swiftkick00
on 3/2/13 10:46 am

Thanks Keith for your response!

That is an awesome number......I was looking forward to go to puree foods Mondays, but did get to thinking how getting the protein for foods may not agree with me.....I tried the treadmill yesterday did about 60 minutes real slow....felt dizzy getting off but I related that too not much in my system.  I'd look forward to the ok to go to the gym but i gotta get this protein stuff in.

Love your pic by the way.....looks like a drill sergeant....keeping us on point.

Keith L.
on 3/2/13 10:52 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Don't go too crazy on the exercise too soon. I didn't start exercising until almost 4 weeks post op. But yes the protein is important because you could end up burning muscle instead of fat. Protein and water are critical if you are exercising.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views