HELP!!!!

sutherngrl94
on 3/6/13 11:55 pm - Raleigh, NC

I haven't been on here in a VERY long time because I was doing so well.  I had lost about 80 pounds and hit a big stall.  I've now gained 10 of it back and am realizing I'm starting to hit my old ways again.  I don't EVER want to be where I was pre-surgery and feel that way again and I'm scared.  I know I can do this but I need some help.  How do I start over?  How do I get myself right with food again?  I'm so mad at myself but I know that doesn't do any good either.  I guess I'm more embarrassed than mad really.  How did this happen?  I don't even remember how long ago it started.

Can someone please give me some good advice on how to get back on track and what should day 1 look like?  I've recently moved in with my boyfriend some part of it may be a comfort level setting in as well.  Any good help and advice is appreciated.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/13 12:18 am - Anoka, MN
VSG on 07/12/12

The first step is admitting that something needs to change, so good on you!

I'd say start day one with a healthy protein rich breakfast and a good walk or some exercise of some sort. Drink lots of water! Then have a good lunch with lean protein and some veggies! Continue to drink lots of water! (except around eating, lol) Wash, rinse and repeat for supper! 

YAY! I slipped up for awhile and I just had to force myself back into the habit. Studies show it takes 21 days to make a behavior a habit, so maybe keeping that in mind will help!

Wishing you the best!

-Melanie

sutherngrl94
on 3/7/13 12:30 am - Raleigh, NC

Thank  you so much.  I'll start working on the water today and then psych myself up for a walk in the morning before my shower.  I get up at 5:30 and have plenty of time in the morning for a quick walk in all honesty.  I've accidentally done the drinking and eating before and it's not good so I'm a good girl on that one.  I haven't had soda or anything with bubbles (beer, or anything like that) since surgery.  I'll have to do some grocery shopping for the veggies and such.

One day at a time I guess.

slimpickins5280
on 3/7/13 2:12 am - CO

First question, what did you do to lose the first 80 lbs? Second, what did you do to gain 10 lbs back?

Take the emotion and self-abuse out of this (trust me, I get it. No one can be harder on me, than me). Look at what is going on from a non-emotional POV (point of view).

Total daily calories?

Total protein?

Total carbs? (Some people can control their carbs. If you can't then it's time to de-carb. Sucks, but it has to happen. I find cold-turkey works best)

Total water/fluid intake?

Are you logging every single thing thing that crosses your lips?

Get all of these things into the weight loss range - whatever it was when you were losing. As you probably already know, many here subscribe to the 800 calorie, 80 protein, 30-40 carbs diet. I'm one of those people, but you really need to figure out what makes you lose the best way and then do that.

Also, the BIGGEST mistake most people make is that they don't have a plan. IMO, at 2-3 lbs up, you should have been posting here. You should have been putting your daily meals into Ms. Shell's "Whatcha Eatin VGS'ers" daily thread.

Put together a plan of what you are going to do differently NEXT time. Don't fool yourself into thinking there won't be a next time. Just plan for it - no matter what.

Good luck.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

sutherngrl94
on 3/7/13 2:29 am - Raleigh, NC

Well I'm clearly taking in too many calories and not exercising.  My carbs are too high (I know this and am a carb addict admittedly).  Water isn't where it needs to be but I do drink water daily.  Protein is good (although I'm not sure of the amount) and I do eat it first regardless of what else goes into my mouth.  It is at every meal.  I'm not logging anything that crosses my lips so I have exact idea how many calories, fat, carbs, etc. I'm eating.

Your words are definitely hard to hear but the point is well taken.  You are right and I definitely should have come here a while back.  MFP is going back on my phone and I am going to start logging again.  Today is shot although I'm planning low fat/low carb for dinner but will start tomorrow.  It's a new day. 

Thank you.  :)

slimpickins5280
on 3/7/13 3:15 am - CO

*hugs* I know it's hard to hear. But, you caught it at 10lbs and you are putting a plan in place. Make sure that part of your plan includes something special for you - a new book when you lose the 10 lbs, a hair cut as the "nice" salon, a massage. It helps us to give ourselves something non-food related.

Grab on with both hands, and tell yourself that you DESERVE getting to your goal more than the carbs and crappy food.  

At 16 mos out and still in the WLS phase, I can tell you that you have to put yourself first, second and third. Everyone/everything else can get in line.

Just work on today. Make a goal to get 80 oz of water in for the rest of the day. Don't worry about the food stuff until tomorrow.

Each day I wake up and I decide if I am still going to keep at this. Today, I decided to eat right and put me first. I don't know yet about tomorrow.

Ask me in the morning.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

sutherngrl94
on 3/7/13 3:19 am - Raleigh, NC

Great words of wisdom.  I don't feel so bad about being 11 months out and still not at goal then.  :)  It's a lifetime commitment to ourselves.  Thanks!!  Starting my second 16 oz bottle of water. 

Thanks for kicking me in the arse.  I needed it!. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views