Lesson Learned...

Christina_G
on 3/11/13 11:26 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
I went back to the gym for the first time since surgery, after doing the elliptical for 20 minute I was very thirsty and for a brief moment forgot that I had 80% of my stomach removed and guzzled some yummy water... like I said lesson Learned. I will never forget again. Talk about some pain and embarrassing vomiting in the gym. I'm pretty sure I've read on here at some point that someone else experienced this too. And I tried to do good and keep that in mind but apparently I'm the type that has to learn from MY OWN mistakes and not others. Lol

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

grannymedic1
on 3/11/13 11:35 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Yeah, I had that happen, too, except that I was at home. I was used to being able to guzzle with my band and now it isn't more than an ounce at a time. I miss being able to guzzle but if that is the worst of it I guess I can deal with it. I learn everything the hard way, in fact my family claims that if there is a harder way to do something I will find it. My sleeve learning curve has been par for the course for me.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Kcdietz
on 3/11/13 12:23 pm - GA
So... No****er, but I was at the grocery store tonight picking up some deli meat when the lady behind the counter hands me a sample slice. I'm 4 weeks out and beginig to feel normal again. For about 2 seconds I forgot about my sleeve and took a big ole bite out of the turkey slice. About the time I started chewing it hit me. Talk about awkward. I tried to very discreetly spit it out into the deli paper without the lady seeing me. Weird how easy it is to forget. Weirder to realize how unconsciencly I used to eat.

Christina_G
on 3/11/13 12:42 pm - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
YES!!! Completely agree it's so easy and eye opening. There have been several times where one moment I'm doing one thing and the next I'm chewing something. CRAZY!!! Luckily so far I've always caught myself and was able to spit it out before swallowing. This surgery has changed my life and my self awareness in so many ways.

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

SuzyNZ
on 3/11/13 3:58 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I find I can get quite a lot of water in if I drink really slowly, but non-stop.

I can't take one big mouthful, but I can easily down 150ml (6oz) in one long "sip" if I just pour slowly and swallow little bit at a time.

There's nothing worse than jumping off the treadmill, thirsty as anything and not being able to skull a bottle of water. But I have found slow and steady works for me!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

JmeWlsn
on 3/11/13 10:39 pm - Lenexa, KS

My water guzzling went back to normal. Maybe it just takes time, but at around 7-10 days post op I was drinking completely normal again. Props to you for going to the gym. Considering the recovery you have had so far I can't believe you are already working out. Way to go girl just don't over do it.

Llcoolday
on 3/12/13 4:46 am - CA
VSG on 01/14/13

I told my Dr. the same thing about being able to drink water normally just a week after surgery and he said DO NOT DO IT!!  It will damage the stomach.  So even if you can drink big gulps of water, do not do it since the stomach is still healing and it is not good for the stomach at all.  Sip, sip, sip!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 296 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 345 views