My weight...

jpsp30
on 3/23/13 3:41 am - TN

Thanks for the encouragement. I am not even looking forward to the Liquid diet!!! lol

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

jimbovsg
on 3/22/13 4:14 pm

I hear ya man!  I was even bigger and probably more limited than you!  I tell people   "I was existing....NOT living!   NOW  I'm "living" life again....my weight DOESN'T define me.....but helped shaped who I am today.   I am no longer limited by my size and mobility.  Best decision of my life!  You will be there soon enough....good luck!  

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

jpsp30
on 3/23/13 3:43 am - TN

Jim, that is an awesome insight. Our weight has shaped us in many ways. But, we don't have to let it define us any longer. You are "the King around here" with the success you have had! Awesome!

sarapilar
on 3/22/13 4:33 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Thank you for sharing this, I think many, many of us can relate in some way or another - I know I can!  I think once you have gotten used to the Sleeve and see the weight falling off, you will become so much happier.  I predict that it will be one of the best decisions of your life!  The Sleeve will add 10, 20, 30 more years to your life!  I look forward to watching your progress!!!!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

jpsp30
on 3/23/13 3:44 am - TN

It's cool that we are able to connect through words and am looking forward to watching your progress as well. Thanks.

LisaTownsend
on 3/22/13 5:25 pm - MS

Hi there, didnt read your entire post, but know where it was going. I always had men and women tell me .. aw.. you have such a pretty face..Why would they even say that? The first time my husband and I kissed - we were friends and he said " I always wondered what it would be like to kiss a large woman." 

Yes Sir you are in a position where people will judge you- but you need to understand that its what is on the inside not the outside. People think this surgery is an easy way out- its not!  

6 years after my surgery I wound up having emergency  surgery b/c the scar tissue has constricted my colon and caused a hole to form- went to ER 2 nights straight and they told me I had IBS. WRONG.. third day doctor did emergency surgery- the tests and scans didnt show anything- he had to cut me like a fish and listen to find a hole in my colon. I am lucky to be alive. 

yes its nice to lose the weight- but people need to realize we are still the same person. Its so weird the way people treated the skinny me and the fat me.  At my High school reunion they voted me most changed- hell, was that good or bad? I lost way down to a size 3 from a 22 and looked sick. I am now a size 11 juniors. 

You are a man of God,  I am a believer and try to be Christian,  do what you feel you need to do. I think if I could go back and change it, I would do it  again. Best of wishes- thanks for sharing. You can call me anytime for any of my experiences with this. I wish you the best. Michel

LisaTownsend
on 3/22/13 6:07 pm - MS

Jeff, I think I told you some of the bad sides of surgery- I didnt mention the tummy dumping/ aches.. But I really think im glad I did it. Even though 6 years after the scar tissue caused me the complications- I DO think I would do it again. My body feels better with less weight. My goal was 165 b/c i am tall...  I got to 145 and looked sick. I am now at 180 - - I am 47 years old, I have skin that weighs 30 pounds I am sure. I have no shape- never had hips haha . Dont let other people decide for you. Make it your decision for your health. When you lose the weight, you will have so much more energy. I was ashamed to go to my sons ball games b/c I didnt want anyone seeing and judging me. My son died 6 years ago at age 14- I regret so much- my husband died in 2001- he never got to see me skinny. I go to work and come home to work- I ask God to hold my son in his arms and to forgive me every night for the things I didnt do. I shorted my son b/c i was ashamed of myself. I now drink  about 4 out of 7 nights a week- but have a good heart and try to help people. I deer hunt and do silly things that my son would have done but never got the chance to. I get tired of people asking me how I can go on after my losses. Think positive. If I can do it, I am sure you can. Michel 601-415-2284

jimbovsg
on 3/23/13 12:34 am
On March 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM Pacific Time, LisaTownsend wrote:

Jeff, I think I told you some of the bad sides of surgery- I didnt mention the tummy dumping/ aches.. But I really think im glad I did it. Even though 6 years after the scar tissue caused me the complications- I DO think I would do it again. My body feels better with less weight. My goal was 165 b/c i am tall...  I got to 145 and looked sick. I am now at 180 - - I am 47 years old, I have skin that weighs 30 pounds I am sure. I have no shape- never had hips haha . Dont let other people decide for you. Make it your decision for your health. When you lose the weight, you will have so much more energy. I was ashamed to go to my sons ball games b/c I didnt want anyone seeing and judging me. My son died 6 years ago at age 14- I regret so much- my husband died in 2001- he never got to see me skinny. I go to work and come home to work- I ask God to hold my son in his arms and to forgive me every night for the things I didnt do. I shorted my son b/c i was ashamed of myself. I now drink  about 4 out of 7 nights a week- but have a good heart and try to help people. I deer hunt and do silly things that my son would have done but never got the chance to. I get tired of people asking me how I can go on after my losses. Think positive. If I can do it, I am sure you can. Michel 601-415-2284

Jeff.....just a side note to this.  Some of her experiences may be due to the fact that she had RNY  ...NOT a VSG....which is what you are having...correct?  She mentioned dumping...scarred tissue etc........VSG doesn't invovle cutting of intestines so scar tissue doesn't apply. Some VSGers get a similar symptom to "dumping"  (hypoglycemia) but it is usually more rare and less severe than what RNYers experience.  And to LisaTownsend/Michel .....might be a good idea to  leave him your # in a PM instead of posting it here. 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

jpsp30
on 3/23/13 3:49 am - TN

Jim, I did not catch that she had RNY. But was somewhat confused by the dumping issues she faced. Thanks for pointing that out.

jpsp30
on 3/23/13 3:46 am, edited 3/23/13 3:48 am - TN

Michel, thanks for your honesty and encouragement. I also appreciate your willingness to help me out if needed. I was saddened to read about your son and husband. You have dealt with a lot and you are to be applauded for not folding in on yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views